Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Oregon vs. USC - Part 2

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Oregon vs. USC - Part 2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Oregon vs. USC - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Looks exactly like 12. Ok I suppose. Pass rush is still stupid. No point in recruiting DEs again this year. I'm annoyed by the pass rush. Everything else is good but that just kills me.
Pass Rush does irk me. I rather just let the DLine get after the QB rather than blitzing LBs. But like last year, if you want pass rush you will have to blitz fast LBs inside.
I definitely wont put DEs as a priority in recruiting. I cant run a 4-3 base becuase of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #42
sk
God's Son.

sk's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Pass Rush does irk me. I rather just let the DLine get after the QB rather than blitzing LBs. But like last year, if you want pass rush you will have to blitz fast LBs inside.
I definitely wont put DEs as a priority in recruiting. I cant run a 4-3 base becuase of it.
I don't get it.

People say OTs are overpowering and I guess that's kind of true because once you make contact with the DE you most likely play patty cake, however once I made a DE named Justin Smith 95 overall and he finished the season with 22 sacks, I didn't play with him once.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #43
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

It looks like NCAA 12

btw EA that is what jersey names look like.

I hope they do something big with the demo that they are holding out gameplay wise.....
Old 05-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #44
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxsong
I don't get it.

People say OTs are overpowering and I guess that's kind of true because once you make contact with the DE you most likely play patty cake, however once I made a DE named Justin Smith 95 overall and he finished the season with 22 sacks, I didn't play with him once.
He was probably a bull rusher wasn't he? Bull rushers work fine, but speed rushers are completely useless. Have to move them to LB for them to have any impact.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #45
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
DE's are completely useless. You're much better off putting DT's there. That is BROKEN. How they didn't fix this I have no idea.
I always played with my DT in '12 and my CPU DEs still got 10+ sacks every year. Maybe it's only broken for those who play with DEs, as I had some trouble getting to the QB when I used one. It's definitely not the same as it was in past years, when you could rack up 50 sacks with a DE in a season on All American if you jumped the snap each time. But, I'm not seeing the "broken" aspect of it. Ideal or 100% perfect? Definitely not, but I don't see it as "broken".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #46
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Its actually to the point I want to use the nanos from years past to free up DEs. I shouldn't have to do that for a pass rush. If I have a good front 4 they should be wrecking havoc on the OL. Sigh. At leat the passing is better...until I remember that the DTs will instantly shed blocks again this year thus giving you no chance to see them in action. It is what it is though it won't stop me from playing it. Maybe sliders will be effective in helping.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #47
Banned

WIAggie's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: GamePlay Footage: USC Oregon

very impressed so far...way better than 12, Anyone who says this is same game is a damm fool!

now if the moron roster makers don't 99 every damm rating, NCAA 13 looks to be a great game
Old 05-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #48
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I always played with my DT in '12 and my CPU DEs still got 10+ sacks every year. Maybe it's only broken for those who play with DEs, as I had some trouble getting to the QB when I used one. It's definitely not the same as it was in past years, when you could rack up 50 sacks with a DE in a season on All American if you jumped the snap each time. But, I'm not seeing the "broken" aspect of it. Ideal or 100% perfect? Definitely not, but I don't see it as "broken".
Lats year, my DT had something like 14 sacks in 6 games.

I hated it. I had to keep messing around with the pass rush and pass block sliders, and when I finally made it to where the DT wasn't getting 3-4 sacks a game, then it was nearly impossible for the DE's to get to the QB.

I honestly started putting my DE's at DT just so their stats could look realistic. I had Brandon Jenkins and Bjerne Werner playing DT on formation sub passing downs so I could rush the passer with them lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »