Home

The NCAA series is missing some VERY important nuances.

This is a discussion on The NCAA series is missing some VERY important nuances. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #9
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
At this point I truly believe they've reached the limits of the tech they invested in. It was a gamble that didn't pan out. Lesson learned for next Gen..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II with Tapatalk 2
Old 05-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #10
Rookie

TheRegan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The NCAA series is missing some VERY important nuances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadOwl
The "standard" helmet option should not even be in the game. In fact, from what I can see, Riddell doesn't even have it to order on their website. NOBODY wears that helmet. If you go on the Riddell website, they have multiple variants of the "Speed" helmet, including the "360" helmet (which a lot of guys wear, here's a picture of it and a facemask you'll recognize) that should be in the game as well. As for other helmets, there should be at least two DNA 2-bar options, a DNA 3-bar (like DNA 6 but without the peripheral bars), and probably a few more after that. And the ION4D helmet should have a two-bar robot option.
I love the Standard helmets, they don't interfere with the helmet designs like the rest of. And honestly, I think all the fancy schmancy helmets look ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadOwl
(size doesn't mean anything)
Ha!
NCAA: Auburn/Whoever Bama's playing
NFL: New England Patriots
NBA: Boston Celtics/Whoever The Heat Are Playing
NHL: Boston Bruins
NASCAR: Kyle Busch/Not Jimmie/Not Junior
Old 05-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #11
Rookie

TheBadOwl's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't mind the inclusion of the standard helmets, I just don't think they should be the default for every recruit.

Also, I didn't even realize that I said "size doesn't mean anything" until just now. Damn my psyche.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2012, 11:15 PM   #12
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Dear NCAA team;

Please give these guys their socks, their visors, their facemasks and their cleats. My head hurts from the constant wishing. I really want a genie right now so I could ask for this for everyone. Your fingers have to be sore from typing about it all the time.

Last edited by BA2929; 05-17-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:25 PM   #13
Rookie

Custon 89's Arena

OVR: 1

Make sure to fix gameplay then the fluff. After fixing gameplay, might have room for 85-man roster, etc., etc.

Edit: mascots mash-up shouldn't/doesn't take much space.(mascot model x 11 with 99 OVR ratings)

Last edited by Custon 89; 05-17-2012 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Adding comment
Old 05-18-2012, 12:05 AM   #14

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRegan
I love the Standard helmets, they don't interfere with the helmet designs like the rest of. And honestly, I think all the fancy schmancy helmets look ugly.
Dear lord thank you, I thought I was the only one left.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:35 AM   #15
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Look at the player equipment in the Show. It's unbelievable how many options they have. If space is an issue just get rid of the mascot game, or road to glory to be honest. I haven't played that mode in three years because it's absolutely terrible.

Nothing is too hard to do if it's already been DONE before. Some of the things, EA seems to put BACK in their games as new stuff has already been in the game before...on lower level systems at that.

Add to that the stuff that you see in other games and it's really no excuse man...none! This is why there needs to be competition so that there will be variety. I'll be close to 40 Lord willing when the license expires and I pray other gaming companies jump in the fray if for no other reason than to make EA step their game up. Cornering the market has done wayyyyyyyyyy more harm than good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2012, 06:05 AM   #16
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Not an equipment thing but are their any plays in which my tackles (or TE) don't get into a 3 point stance?

I have more other little nuances but I have to get back into a meeting -- had to OS for a second to keep me awake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »