Home

How did I not win the Heisman?

This is a discussion on How did I not win the Heisman? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: How did I not win the Heisman?

sounds like you guys need a good slider set
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

You have to have a Conference Championship game, or your player will not win it. It's also based on who has the best last game of the season. Players move around based on their weekly performance.

So if you have a player who was #1 all year, then don't play a Con. Champ. game you won't win unless the other guys have horrible games.

If you do play a championship game, then you have to do better then the other guys on the list. I always save before the results are posted, and if my guys that deserve it don't win, I reload. I've won it 4 years in a row, 1 year with a TE, 2 with a HB, and 1 with a QB.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #27
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

No CC game doesn't DQ you. It does give those with one an extra game to pad stats, though.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #28
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
It's completely random to an extent all of the time.

If you reload enough times before the Heisman selection, all of the top five candidates will win at least once.
I nearly put "all of the time" instead of "some of the time", but I've had years in NCAA '12 where my QB put up MASSIVE numbers and easily won the Heisman the first time I advanced to the screen. It does need to be adjusted though. Hopefully with this new mode they can fix the logic.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #29
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBean
You have to have a Conference Championship game, or your player will not win it. It's also based on who has the best last game of the season. Players move around based on their weekly performance.

So if you have a player who was #1 all year, then don't play a Con. Champ. game you won't win unless the other guys have horrible games.

If you do play a championship game, then you have to do better then the other guys on the list. I always save before the results are posted, and if my guys that deserve it don't win, I reload. I've won it 4 years in a row, 1 year with a TE, 2 with a HB, and 1 with a QB.
But I did have a conference championship game against #8 UCF, won by 4 TDs, and my receiver had almost 200 yards and 2 TDs
Old 05-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #30
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyDobbs
Okay so I play on Heisman difficultly. My receiver had 4,700 all purpose yards and 41 all purpose TDs. He had 3,756 receiving yards out of those all purpose yards with 38 receiving TDs. The rest were all on special teams as far as the TDs and yards go. His yards per reception was 41.7. I'm playing with SMU and am head coach in 2017 in the Big East.

The Heisman winner was from Auburn. He had 1549 rushing yards with 18 TDs on the season.

HOW IN THE WORLD DID I NOT BEAT HIM? I don't understand. I'm in a BCS conference just like Auburn, so being in a competitive conference isn't even an arguement here.
Maybe because the game knew you ran 4 verts all game long and they did not like that!
Old 08-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's been my experience over the years with all these ncaa college football games that if you put up CONSISTANTLY unrealistic stats, the Heisman feature will NOT recognize your player's efforts most of the time. It should'nt be that way. After all it's your game, YOU paid for it, and should expect it to record your player's stats regardless of what they are.

What I don't understand is that the cpu can sometimes put up just as far fetched stats for a PRE-SEASON favorite for the Heisman, and the Heisman feature... WILL record those. ?????

All you can do is ignore it. "THEY"... MIGHT, get around to correcting it SOMEDAY?????

Just THIS week.....My QB put up 529 yds & 6 TDs vs one of the top 5 ranked teams, and a window came up and said:" the servers were not connected or some such Crap, and the stats would not be added to my teams records."

The Heisman feature put up a headline that read: "SO-so's QB is not living up to Hype and some are wondering why he was picked for Heisman in the first place" ....This was right after game where he had 529 yds & 6 TDS...........?????????? Good job EA SPORTS.

BTW: This was on NCAA 13.

Last edited by 0591ydnar; 08-05-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #32
Rookie

THE YAMA's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
If your stats are too good, I believe you do not win.
I played as Oregon in my online dynasty, and Kenjon Barner and De'Anthony Thomas have won back-to-back heismans by a landslide. They each were far ahead in their respective stat categories.
NHL: Tampa Bay Lightning
NCAA: UCF Knights
FIFA: Real Madrid CF

XBL Gamertag: THE YAMA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »