Home

How do I get a top head coach offer? It seems impossible.

This is a discussion on How do I get a top head coach offer? It seems impossible. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2012, 11:46 PM   #9
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Why is EA so top secret sneaky mission impossible when it comes to info? Lol
Old 05-21-2012, 12:48 AM   #10
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How do I get a top head coach offer? It seems impossible.

I never encountered this problem. My OD has had head coaches at Notre Dame, Texas, Baylor, TCU, among others. I personally went from HC at Ball State to HC at Texas.

I mean, do you expect every team to fire its head coach just because you won a NC? They have to have a desire to get rid of the guy they have first.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:30 AM   #11
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
I never encountered this problem. My OD has had head coaches at Notre Dame, Texas, Baylor, TCU, among others. I personally went from HC at Ball State to HC at Texas.

I mean, do you expect every team to fire its head coach just because you won a NC? They have to have a desire to get rid of the guy they have first.
No, but when I've won two national championships in a row with only one loss over those two years as HC, I expect to get offers such as Ole Miss, South Carolina, Arizona, etc when they become available. I'm in the Big East, and no offense to anyone that is a fan of a team in that conference, but they are by far the least prestigous BCS conference out there. I just want a low-mid SEC HC job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2012, 02:31 AM   #12
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyDobbs
I started out as OC at Akron, who is by far the worst team on the game on Heisman difficulty. Here are the following seasons I've had in order:

2011 - OC Akron - 4-8
2012 - OC Akron - 13-1 (Bowl Win)
2013 - OC Virginia - 13-1 (BCS Bowl Win)
2014 - OC Virginia - 11-3 (BCS Bowl Win)
2015 - HC UNLV - 9-4 (Bowl Loss)
2016 - HC SMU - 14-0 (National Champion)
2017 - HC SMU - 13-1 (National Champion)

I'm currently in the 2017 offseason and got no top HC offers that are better than SMU. They're all non-BCS conference jobs. (Note: SMU is now in the Big East with a conference championship game, so they're a BCS HC gig) I don't understand how two BCS bowl wins at Virginia and two straight national championships as HC don't land myself at a top school. Is this game flawed?
Well the carousel really slants toward getting your in your "alma mater". But I took the OC job at ECU, won 2 bowl games, put up good numbers, got the OC job at LSU, was there for 2 years, and boom, got the Head Coach job at Ohio State. I won bowl games in all my years, so maybe that helps but I honestly didn't see the problem with the system.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:33 AM   #13
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDGipper32
i sure hope it was tuned some. that would be rather refreshing. ive been trying to land the ND job too. i started at USF, won 7 straight BCS NC's and have 1 loss over 4 years at Vandy. No love from ND however. I think they have hired a new coach two times since I've been playing as well too. My HC is even an ND alum and still no love.

i'm undeterred however, my goal before 13 drops is to land that damn job!!! I'm an ND fan through and through, but yet I've never played a single game on 12 with this team. haha I guess I'm strange like that. I feel like I should earn the privilege of playing with ND on 12. I mean its easy just to take over at the start of a dynasty or whatever, but to earn the coaching job and then get to play there is much more rewarding I feel.
Personally, I can't play as Auburn when I play NCAA. I feel as though anything less than perfection when I play with them is a massive failure, and I get mad at this game too easily to begin with. I'm shooting for a job like Tenn, Florida, Ole Miss, or South Carolina.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:45 AM   #14
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
They haven't mentioned it as of yet. Doesn't mean it wasn't touched at all. People assume too much when it comes to things they don't hear.
It's been said by those who test the game that it didn't get touched.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 05-21-2012 at 02:48 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:45 AM   #15
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

Quote:
Personally, I can't play as Auburn when I play NCAA. I feel as though anything less than perfection when I play with them is a massive failure, and I get mad at this game too easily to begin with. I'm shooting for a job like Tenn, Florida, Ole Miss, or South Carolina.
Anything less than perfection? Auburn has one Nat'l title in 50 years....I'm just a little confused here....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
No, but when I've won two national championships in a row with only one loss over those two years as HC, I expect to get offers such as Ole Miss, South Carolina, Arizona, etc when they become available. I'm in the Big East, and no offense to anyone that is a fan of a team in that conference, but they are by far the least prestigous BCS conference out there. I just want a low-mid SEC HC job.

Yeah like the Auburn job or something , ROLL TIDE !!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »