Home

NCAA 13: New Dynasty & Recruiting features

This is a discussion on NCAA 13: New Dynasty & Recruiting features within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2012, 12:11 AM   #1
Rookie

Altai's Arena

OVR: 1
NCAA 13: New Dynasty & Recruiting features

Did some searching and found all this info at the Examiner

RECRUITING

Breaking into the Top 10

During recruiting, prospects previously had the top 10 schools picked which meant that your team was out of luck if it wasn't on the list. In NCAA Football 13, recruits will now have open slots so that you will have a shot.

Dynamic Pitches

Pitches were previously fairly static but can now change on a week to week basis in the game as they are directly influenced by different actions in the game. There are 14 different pitches that can be made to recruits including:

Coach Prestige - Meet your coaching goals and your prestige rises. It works the other way too if you fail though.

Coach Stability - Determined by the number of years with the school, years left on your contract, job security, and the number of times you've renewed your contract.

Conference Stability - If your conference is constantly adding or dropping teams, it could affect your ability to recruit.

TV Exposure - Not only do you need to appear on TV but you need to win.

Pro Potential - The game looks at how your football factory has performed in the last four NFL drafts. There's a bit of risk here too as it can also affect how you keep players from going pro early.

Stadium Atmosphere - Don't lose home games. Period.

Playing Style - Pocket passers will better appreciate schools that like to sling the ball around on the field. It won't preclude your from recruiting scramblers but it helps more to recruit players that fit the play style you've established.

Program Tradition - Winning conference championships and national championships will boost this.
Playing Time - Recruits will consider who is on the roster already to determine if they get a shot at the field sooner rather than later.

Proximity to Home - The only way to get an A+ here is for the school to be in the same town as a recruit. Homesickness will come into play as well.
Academic Prestige/Athletic Facilities/Campus Life - Very small chance that you'll be able to affect these.

Transfers

Transfers will happen more frequently in NCAA Football 13 and for a greater variety of reasons. Broken promises, lack of playing time and homesickness are all valid reasons among others. You will get a shot at convincing a player to stay though. Players can also follow you if you decide to take a coaching job at another school.

Phone Calls

You can select the topic of discussion with a recruit or let him choose. While letting the recruit drive the conversation will let you find out what is most important faster, you may not have what the recruit is looking for in a school.

Promises

Promises are now available regardless of your coach integrity rating.

Triple Threat Athletes

Recruits that can play quarterback, wide receiver or running back are now available and you can play them at any of those positions.
NCAA: USC Trojans
MLS: Los Angeles Galaxy
BEPL: Chelsea

Last edited by Altai; 05-22-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2012, 12:18 AM   #2
Rookie

TheBadOwl's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA 13: New Dynasty & Recruiting features

You're just a bit late on this, but it's pretty good news nonetheless. But, to me, recruiting will not be accurate at all until we have 85-man rosters.

Also, how did it take them this long to make triple-threat athletes? The recruits listed as "athletes" in pretty much every version of the game on this generation (I feel like it was different in the previous one) have only had one position.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:23 AM   #3
Rookie

Altai's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadOwl
You're just a bit late on this, but it's pretty good news nonetheless. But, to me, recruiting will not be accurate at all until we have 85-man rosters.

Also, how did it take them this long to make triple-threat athletes? The recruits listed as "athletes" in pretty much every version of the game on this generation (I feel like it was different in the previous one) have only had one position.
My bad, but i'm guessing now instead unlike the ATHs where you just put them at one position, the player will be T.T.A. instead of just WR, HB, or CB. But i'm really just guessing.
NCAA: USC Trojans
MLS: Los Angeles Galaxy
BEPL: Chelsea
Old 05-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
Rookie

BamBam_db's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altai
Breaking into the Top 10

During recruiting, prospects previously had the top 10 schools picked which meant that your team was out of luck if it wasn't on the list. In NCAA Football 13, recruits will now have open slots so that you will have a shot.
Ive signed multiple recruits when i didnt start out on their top 10 before, so im interested in how this is going to be anything new. Im sure there is a certain thing specifically for this but i find it a little funny that it is made to look like it used to be impossible.
"If you don't write checks how you pay these guys?"
"Straight cash homie."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »