Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: New Gameplay Video Maryland @ Michigan (5/24)

It would help the OL/DL if they programmed the entire OL/DL interaction to whatever the thresholds/ratings are to the RT/DE animation at 1:19.

The RT is actually being driven back while engaged.
***(of course after the patty-cake dance/push-off animation)

The WR bubble screen once again shows that the "Field" is scaled tooo small to were there is no room to actually run on these type of plays.

Meaning no Crease/Seam/Lane/Hole (however you want to term it) to catch and run.

Again, there in NO AI Awareness to utilize any posessed skills to ovoid being tackled.
Just run right into a high tackle animation "Again".

Kind of a prelude to what's going to happen on AI Punt Return eventhough they're trying to hype the "All New" Lane Awareness.

The object is to cross the opponents goal line with the football.

Are there any "Effort" animations available for the AI Ballcarrier to try and score with every attempt?
-a spin
-hand on the ground
-a hurdle the tackler
-some shakes to get by

Anything????

BTW, what are the chances they've programmed the WR to attempt one of these New Catch animations buy drop the ball.

When any of these special catch animations have been triggered, it's "ALWAYS" resulted in a catch with little/no regard to ratings.

Just a gamers curious question.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #34
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Was there no way for EA to make the "throw the receiver open" feature more realistic? If I press up + away, shouldn't the ball be placed in front of the receiver and to the outside shoulder? Perhaps doing this and throwing a lob will give the receiver time to adjust his route and go meet the ball; but if you have to throw a bullet, he won't have time to adjust his route and will have to get off the ground and make a play for the ball in the air. But instead, he's able to instantly adjust his route the moment you hit the button while running at full speed. Another good gameplay idea that EA has managed to turn into an unrealistic, arcadish gimmick.

Another year with 0 improvement to the player movement, OL/DL interactions, blocking animations, or DB/WR interactions (of which there is none outside of a few "jam" animations at the line). These are not small details. These are the principles that make up the foundation of any football game.

*I didn't throw gang/consecutive-hit tackling in there because there was an attempt at improving this last year, and while I wasn't very impressed with it, I can't say there has been 0 improvement in this area.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #35
Rookie

RColemanVT's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I also didn't like how on the Option Read play that the DE crashed in (that was good), but never changed direction once it was established that the QB had the ball. He should've peeled back and tried to go after the QB instead of just continuing to chase after the RB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ePa7iwVML8

How is the DE chasing down the HB not realistic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #36
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Bullard
Looks fine to me my biggest gripe last year was the LBs and CBs doing super human things and that looks fixed now so I'm happy.
I'm with you. I realize the game is pretty average, I do, but the one thing that made it unplayable for me (outside of ratings not really mattering like they should) was the super linebackers.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 05-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
I really must know what do you mean wow this games been on the market for what 6yrs I don't think there is a lot of wow moments in yearly sports release ....not nba2k or MLB the show...Im trying to understand some of y'all but in the end it just seems like a bunch of *******in....

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2
I think what he's talking about is little things like seeing the CPU AI return a punt for TD against you

That would make you say WOW!

The CPU Blocks a punt changing the momentum of the game with their special teams again that would make you say WOW!

The CPU WR making a diving catch on 4 & 6 to keep a drive alive would make me say WOW!

The CPU QB reacting on a option play like a real threat (Tommie Frazier) would make me WOW!

Those are the things in 6 years that he is refering to that doesn't happen.....so if you see it finally happen then I'm sure you'll probably say WOW yourself because they are things you haven't seen in NCAA Football in 6 years.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 05-24-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:38 PM   #38
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
I really must know what do you mean wow this games been on the market for what 6yrs I don't think there is a lot of wow moments in yearly sports release ....not nba2k or MLB the show...Im trying to understand some of y'all but in the end it just seems like a bunch of *******in....

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2
Madden 10 when pro tak was introduced. 8 man gang tackle was a wow moment because it was never done before.

Madden/NCAA 11 locomotion, dirty uniforms was a wow moment.

Madden 12 - player traits and DPP, wow moment.

1st time they had online dynasty, was a wow moment.

NCAA 12 dedicated coach mode in broadcast cam, custom playbooks, coaching carousel, SCRAMBLING QBs wow moments.

NBA 2K series - adding hop step, euro step, floaters, runners, behind the back dribbling, jab step, step back, interactive sideline crowd of mascot moving along the baseline. Jordan mode, classic team mode, all wow moments.

MLB The Show - the entire game is a wow moment from the 1st time they added errors, sliding catches. All wow moments.

FIFA - when they added fake shots, trick stick to all kinds of crazy tricks, ball juggling, jostling, real time physics.......wow moments.

Last edited by Gotmadskillzson; 05-24-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #39
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan

Some of those throws looked pretty sweet, I also like how the QB seemed to bounce and the throwing animation looked pretty decent. Overall this seemed like a more polished video than the USC one.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #40
Rookie

ram124's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I also didn't like how on the Option Read play that the DE crashed in (that was good), but never changed direction once it was established that the QB had the ball. He should've peeled back and tried to go after the QB instead of just continuing to chase after the RB.
Watch the video again. He does peel back. It just takes him a second to realize that the RB doesn't have the ball. Which is realistic. In real life, it would take a defender a second to find the ball and go to it. If he bites on the running back, then he's essentially toast on the play because once he realizes the QB has the ball (especially if it's Denard Robinson) he can't just instantaneously change his momentum and chase the QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »