Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #65
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Maryland vs. Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
this is all wrong. why was that d-end (left side) bending to the running back going to the right on the option? contain, contain, contain!
It's true that he should have contain, but this does happen. And it happens at a decent rate.

* This is the only one I could think of off the top of my head that demonstrated this perfectly. I'm sure if you google Vince Young you'll find plenty though.
1:34 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD8qS3RGEu4

Now, if this happens 50% of the time, then yeah, that's going overboard. But I'd say probably 1/5 - 1/7 times the zone read is run in real life the DE will lose containment. Just depends on how well the RB is running the ball off the play. After all, if your teammates are stopping the run just fine then there's no reason to go after the RB. But if you're getting gashed time after time by the handoff, it gets really tough for the DE to stay at home.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #66
Rookie

carvis#15's Arena

OVR: 0
it's a possibility that the commentary is not updated on the past videos. The reason I say that is because at the top of the screen during the video it says W.I.P after every video (work in progress). i'm guessing that is means work in progress any way. it's also a possibility that this gameplay is stored fotage that the developers used for some other sort of testing...because from last weeks commentary there is no way that it was a finished progress lol
Old 05-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #67
Rookie

carvis#15's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvis#15
it's a possibility that the commentary is not updated on the past videos. The reason I say that is because at the top of the screen during the video it says W.I.P after every video (work in progress). i'm guessing that is means work in progress any way. it's also a possibility that this gameplay is stored fotage that the developers used for some other sort of testing...because from last weeks commentary there is no way that it was a finished progress lol
i meant product
Old 05-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #68
Rookie

alexgators1's Arena

OVR: 2

I think this weeks video looked much better than last weeks.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: New Gameplay Video Maryland @ Michigan (5/24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1024
Noticed the "W.I.P." banner across the screen this week. Maybe they heard how frustrated we all were from last wks video clip.
scary if they're still in WIP state, considering the game should be getting sent for cert in 1-2 weeks
Old 05-24-2012, 03:39 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

You guys realize these are just 3 second clips though right? Dudes are asking to see CPU punt returns for a wow factor LMAO.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #71
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

BTW, what's that DT doing at :24? Help the guy out why don't ya? Guess he didn't want to get his cleats scuffed.

The DBs seem to be doing something similar. I don't think I've ever seen this before, so I'm just going to chalk it up to this being WIP. I'll be keeping an eye out for it though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
this is all wrong. why was that d-end (left side) bending to the running back going to the right on the option? contain, contain, contain!
Actually you are wrong. On an inside release from an offensive tackle, an end should get hands on the tackle, and chase. If the tackle would have pass set, then yes the end should be worried about contain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »