Home

The average player speed needs to be adjusted in NCAA Football 13

This is a discussion on The average player speed needs to be adjusted in NCAA Football 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2012, 01:09 AM   #17
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The average player speed needs to be adjusted in NCAA Football 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
It is not that they can't, they just don't do it anymore, like they did last generation. Last generation speed was much more spread out. This generation, everybody is lumped in the upper 80s and 90s speed.

Over all too many players are rated too high in ratings across the board, unless they are a small school, then it is everybody rated poorly in everything across the board.

IMO they need to expand the scale for the ratings. Where as 50s in ratings would be considered average, 70s good, 80s very good and 90s icon status of greatness. Then you would have 0 to 20 as bad, 30 and 40 below average.
Well then there must be some reason that they don't. It's not like the people on this message board are all so much smarter than everyone making the game.

I'm not saying that you or anyone else is wrong, just that there has to be more to it than just they don't want to.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #18
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
It is not that they can't, they just don't do it anymore, like they did last generation. Last generation speed was much more spread out. This generation, everybody is lumped in the upper 80s and 90s speed.

Over all too many players are rated too high in ratings across the board, unless they are a small school, then it is everybody rated poorly in everything across the board.

IMO they need to expand the scale for the ratings. Where as 50s in ratings would be considered average, 70s good, 80s very good and 90s icon status of greatness. Then you would have 0 to 20 as bad, 30 and 40 below average.
this was the blue print for my re-rated rosters..

i believe in the age of online play its wont be profitable for EA to release a game rated to reality.....

in my dynasty when a powerhouse comes to town its impossible to play man D straight up especially without help... imagine if that was allowed online people would be relegated to 5 teams at best because we have been spoiled for years to blitzing 5 and playing man with out no one needing help..

there are a handful of DB's who can play isolated yet in ncaa everyone is primetime...

even with the ratings rated to provide a handicap for bad playcallers i see then get shredded imagine if they had to think with football IQ..

i think we are stuck to re-rating for now..

this is where i think they dropped the ball with the tuners, give the offline folks some tools to reduce speed, accl, jump, str, thp, tha, etc etc 20%

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 05-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #19
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6

Re-Rated rosters can make a huge difference in gameplay, like you guys have noted. But that pretty much goes out the window in a dynasty a few seasons in.

If they could figure out a way to make the generated recruits be dynamic to where they replicate what was in the original roster that you start the dynasty with, that would be HUGE.

A lesser alternative would be some sort of global editor. But a global editor would have to include the ability to edit on a class level.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Old 05-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #20
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith.0
Re-Rated rosters can make a huge difference in gameplay, like you guys have noted. But that pretty much goes out the window in a dynasty a few seasons in.

If they could figure out a way to make the generated recruits be dynamic to where they replicate what was in the original roster that you start the dynasty with, that would be HUGE.

A lesser alternative would be some sort of global editor. But a global editor would have to include the ability to edit on a class level.

when i got too busy earlier this year, i only did my conference and scheduled teams.

i did movement edits for my team, rating my players to their actual abilities, dropping them alot

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 05-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #21
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
when i got too busy earlier this year, i only did my conference and scheduled teams.

i did movement edits for my team, rating my players to their actual abilities, dropping them alot
Yeah, I wasn't saying it wasn't possible to continue with it through a dynasty. I guess I meant more that it is quite the task, if you wanted to go that route. I wish I had the patience for that.

It would be nice to either A.) have the game do it for you, or B.) have a tool that makes it easy to do yourself.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #22
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
The Big Possession WR doesn't exist mostly because the DB's have just about as much strength on the rosters.

I've discussed with Gotmadskillzson in another thread that back in NCAA 06 you very rarely saw DB's with 60+ strength.

There should be very few DB's on every roster with that type of strength rating.

By dropping them to 40 and below and then having the big strong Possession WR's in the 70 range and you'll start seeing some difference and the value of a big WR.

In Madden 07 believe it not there were DB's in the 25-40 range for strength and that leads to more tackling animations on the field when they try to bring down bigger/stronger players.
Agreed. There should only be *maybe* 10 CBs in all of college football with strength over 40. Now, some FS and SS would have it higher, but nothing more than 60 probably. This is one of my biggest gripes with the NCAA franchise recently. I want my huge FB/RB with 95 strength to be able to plow over a tiny CB when he breaks one into the open field. It'll happen sometimes, but not as often as it should.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #23
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

Why not just put a mode choice heading into a dynasty. That way the ratings will be one way for online play, and then you can select the realistic way for offline use with the bigger difference in ratings. Seems like it would be easy to do.

Or re-rating rosters as stated. That is just a lot of work. You just have to hope if you download one, someone did it right and isn't biased in any way.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #24
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith.0
A lesser alternative would be some sort of global editor.
You mean like a selector where you could make your game slower or faster if you wanted to? Maybe a slider where you could make speed matter more or less depending on how you want it?

Yeah, that'd be cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »