Home

NCAA Football 2013 - Will there be duplicate numbers?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 2013 - Will there be duplicate numbers? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
NCAA Football 2013 - Will there be duplicate numbers?

One of my biggest pet peeves of the NCAA Football series is the non-existence of duplicate numbers for players on different sides of the ball. Sure, the game comes with a few preset combos for certain teams, but it is really difficult to have a 100 percent accurate roster without the ability to edit your own duplicate numbers when entering your own rosters. Does anyone know if EA has given this issue any resolve for their newest edition?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 2013 - Will there be duplicate numbers?

Not intending to pick at you, but I'm not sure why this is needed in the game.

It was my belief that duplicate numbers exist almost exlusively b/c of the roster sizes of real-life college teams -- active, red-shirts, gray-shirts, etc., which all put together can number more than 100 athletes.

With only 70 on the roster in the game (though I'm an advocate for inreasing that figure by even as little as 5), isn't not having duplicate numbers being true to real life if the reason for duplicates doesn't exist?

Again, I'm not calling your question stupid, I'm simply not seeing the reason 'why'.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
Rookie

TheBadOwl's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim

It was my belief that duplicate numbers exist almost exlusively b/c of the roster sizes of real-life college teams -- active, red-shirts, gray-shirts, etc., which all put together can number more than 100 athletes.

With only 70 on the roster in the game (though I'm an advocate for inreasing that figure by even as little as 5), isn't not having duplicate numbers being true to real life if the reason for duplicates doesn't exist?

Again, I'm not calling your question stupid, I'm simply not seeing the reason 'why'.
It's needed because nearly every team in the nation utilize duplicate numbers. Especially schools like Ohio State and Texas. I honestly don't see why they haven't fixed it yet.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadOwl
It's needed because nearly every team in the nation utilize duplicate numbers. Especially schools like Ohio State and Texas. I honestly don't see why they haven't fixed it yet.
They said it was something along the lines of people taking advantage of it on online play by putting in CB #2 in at QB for QB #2. I for one hope they do find someway of letting us have duplicate numbers though. It is frustrating playing with a team and having the wrong numbers on their jerseys because someone else on the team already has it.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 05-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

We NEED duplicate numbers. I hate editing my Tech team and realizing I cant make a guy a number he actually is. Its just really annoying.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #6
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Try looking at USC's roster
Old 05-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #7
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

Seriously? Its called realism...

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 05-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #8
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Why exactly do they use duplicate numbers in real life?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »