Home

Does EA read the "wishlist" forum?

This is a discussion on Does EA read the "wishlist" forum? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #9
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Does EA read the "wishlist" forum?

All I can say is, keep trying and try to post on multiple websites for your requests can get more exposure. Took me a few years to finally get scrambling QBs put back into the game. Might take some years, but persistence pays off some times.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #10
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Honestly, I don't think any regulars visit the wishlist forum. Of all the sub-forums the Wishlist forum seems to be the least lively.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:20 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well, I registered over at TGT. I wish I had been frequenting all of these forums the past 5 years. How does one become a Game Changer?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2012, 04:22 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
Honestly, I don't think any regulars visit the wishlist forum. Of all the sub-forums the Wishlist forum seems to be the least lively.
I'm surprised. That's what first drew my attention here. However, I guess after awhile it gets pretty redundant because people request a lot of similar things.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I mean seriously, look what won their tournaments the past few years and look what got put in the game or fixed the following year.
True, but many of those same items have been requested / in tournaments for years. As other things get added or fixed, new items rise to the top as "obvious" additions.

I was at the first Community Day event in 2011, and the TGT tournament had concluded barely more than a month before. There's simply no way, logistically, that the outcome of the tournament (Custom PB vs Coaching Carousel in the final) dictated what was added to NCAA 12. They were too far along at the time.

Personally, I think the wishlist tournament appears to carry weight because, for the large part, the voting follows what would be the wishes of the whole community, regardless of which site they're affiliated with. It doesn't hurt that quite a few people suddenly join TGT during the tournament. I would imagine that OS would have voted very similarly to TGT if they had their own tournament. As far as I'm aware, no other site has a wishlist tournament for NCAA. If they did, I would imagine we'd, largely, be asking for the same things.

It's also worth noting that Dreadlocks got destroyed in the first round of the 2010 tournament. So obviously that wasn't TGT dictating development

As for having the most Game Changers ... when three Game Changers start the site, that's probably going to be true no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMB0B
I've read that EA is limited on the gameplay engine (don't know if true)
There are limitations, both in the gameplay engine and the consoles themselves (limited RAM being the primary issue). However, since you're largely making dynasty suggestions, the limitations in the gameplay engine are not likely to be an impact to your suggestions. Yours are going to be more design impacts (i.e. how do you make this accessible to someone who doesn't know football, though it seems like you've thought of that) and memory impacts (i.e. potential limitations of how many recruits there can be, etc).

Quote:
How does one become a Game Changer?
Looks like all the old links that had the application no longer work. I'll try to find it for you.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
How does one become a Game Changer?
As far as I can tell, this is still the current process:
Quote:
Fans are encouraged to reach out the [email protected] to express why they should be considered for the EA SPORTS Game Changers program by answering the following questions:

1. Why do you want to be an EA SPORTS Game Changer?

2. What is your EA SPORTS Forum name, your Gamertag/PSN ID, your name on Twitter?

3. What EA SPORTS games do you currently play?

4. Are you a member of any fansites? If so, which ones? What's your name on those sites?

5. What type of community activities would you like to organize/run if you were an EA SPORTS Game Changer? I.E: A Community Online Dynasty in NCAA Football 12, etc.

6. What type of assistance would you be willing to provide to other community members? I.E: Madden NFL Lab Sessions, Tips & Tricks videos, etc

7. Do you have a relationship with any of the current EA SPORTS Game Changers? If so, please list out their name(s).

8. Is there anything else that you'd like us to consider when reviewing your application?

If you've applied in the past, we encourage you to take the time and reapply by answering the questions listed above. We look forward to reading your application!
Old 05-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #15
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I made a wishlist tournament on this site for the past 3 years.... Did one for NCAA 11, 12 and 13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #16
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

OS had its chance a couple of years ago to be one of the primary voices whispering in the ear of the development team, but as always happens here, we(collectively) couldn't handle the prosperity.

The quality exchanges got swallowed up by the personal attacks, accusations of lying, and all the other mind-numbingly juvenile rants that often poison the football gaming boards.

Even now, at least once a week, someone takes a cheap shot a Ben Haumiller, blaming him personally for failings in the game that aren't even his responsibility.

I wish we still had direct access to the team, but given how OS likes to show its ***, sadly, its better that we don't. The quality ideas will still make it to the team, without the accompanying flotsam.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »