Home

Another big announcement for NCAA 13?

This is a discussion on Another big announcement for NCAA 13? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #73
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Another big announcement for NCAA 13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Moar
I'm not even sure the NCAA license is exclusive at all. If I remember correctly, it's only "exclusive" because nobody else wants to make it.
it was exclusive from NCAA '06 I believe(I think it was a 5 year contract). but 2k and Sony both had already stopped making their NCAA football games before that, so EA has been the only one since 2k stopped making their game(2k3).
Old 06-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #74
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Moar
I'm not even sure the NCAA license is exclusive at all. If I remember correctly, it's only "exclusive" because nobody else wants to make it.
EA bought the exclusive rights to NCAA Football when they went on their "WE WILL BE THE ONLY COMPANY PRODUCING LICENSED FOOTBALL GAMES FOR THE NEXT SIX YEARS" binge of buying licenses to, presumably, prevent 2k from just making an NCAA game (or any officially licensed game for that matter) after EA bought the NFL license. I believe the exclusivity for NCAA Football ended at the beginning of this year or last year.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #75
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_razzamataz
EA bought the exclusive rights to NCAA Football when they went on their "WE WILL BE THE ONLY COMPANY PRODUCING LICENSED FOOTBALL GAMES FOR THE NEXT SIX YEARS" binge of buying licenses to, presumably, prevent 2k from just making an NCAA game (or any officially licensed game for that matter) after EA bought the NFL license. I believe the exclusivity for NCAA Football ended at the beginning of this year or last year.
2K did the same thing in baseball, the opportunity was there and EA took it, it's business, if 2K cared/could afford it, it would be the opposite side of the coin, blame the leagues, not the companies, they do what they can to maximize sales. Blame the NCAA/NFL/MLB for selling out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #76
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10

Y People often claim the NFL approached EA and offered them exclusivity. If that were the case, did the NCAA and AFL (and ESPN, for that matter) also just happen to approach them at the same time? Just to be clear, I don't have any problem believing that the NFL approached EA for a deal. As such, I can't blame EA for buying the exclusive rights to the NFL. However, I refuse to believe that the other companies they inked exclusive deals with in the coming weeks/months (who all just happened to be the only other big football entities) called up EA and said "Hey, we want in on this action!" I believe once they got the NFL deal, someone at EA saw a chance to go for the jugular and, in essence, legally monopolize the US football market.

In summary: I don't blame EA for buying the exclusive NFL license. I DO blame them for inking deals with the only other big football leagues and cornering the licensed football game market completely. That said, yes, it is/was good business. That doesn't make it okay though (in my book, at least). Same goes for 2k and baseball.

EDIT: I just realized I opened this can of worms again. Consider this my last post on the subject here.

Last edited by capn_razzamataz; 06-01-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:53 PM   #77
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Enough with the exclusivity talk. Its completely off topic and has been beaten to death.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Enough with the exclusivity talk. Its completely off topic and has been beaten to death.
yes i agree. i just want to know if ncaa will have real time physics or not.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #79
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyebaggins4
yes i agree. i just want to know if ncaa will have real time physics or not.
No one knows the answer to that question. Well I'm sure a lot of people do, they just can't tell us.

If I was a betting man I would say no.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I couldnt care less about exclusives. I do care about quality and standards and unfortunately EA falls miserably short in both those areas with both Madden and NCAA IMO.

Last edited by DNMHIII; 06-01-2012 at 06:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »