Home

Why does everyone leave when Madden comes out?

This is a discussion on Why does everyone leave when Madden comes out? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #17
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
I buy both, but Madden usually doesn't even get a months worth of game time from me. With Online Dynasty and Coaching Carousel NCAA simply offers a deeper experince. Hopefully, that changes this year.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #18
Rookie

Kodos's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Why does everyone leave when Madden comes out?

Madden used to be my favorite, but at least for this generation, it has been all NCAA for me. It's kinda mirrored my shift from being primarily an NFL fan to primarily a college football fan. I think Dan Marino's retirement started the whole shift for me...

Last edited by Kodos; 06-01-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #19
Banned

tKlausEffect's Arena

OVR: 1

The only reason that I jumped ship to Madden last year was due to the crippling AI problems that emerged in the '12 game of NCAA. In doing so, I quickly realized that Madden just seemed super boring and dated despite the graphical additions to cutscenes. Assuming that EA gets NCAA back on track this year with read and react AI, I plan on NCAA to be the only football game I play this summer / fall. With the direction the NFL is headed in lately, I have no desire to funnel anymore of my hard earned money to anything with an NFL shield attached to it. I will stick with NCAA football....REAL football!
Old 06-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #20
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Madden just isn't fun, it feels linear. As idiotic as it sounds, building a team up takes the same path, the same FA's tend to be released, the limited base of draft classes means hoping online is all you need to do to find the diamonds in the rough and get your team dominant.

Not that NCAA Football is by any means hard to build up a team, but there is a lot more variety, it doesn't feel as linear.

Not to mention, NCAA is where the passion is at, I love following the Bears, but by the time players hit the NFL, it tends to be about paychecks rather than the result.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 32
Madden 12 takes the prize this year for me. After not purchasing the game for the last several years, I decided to give it a shot. I am glad I did and have not looked back since.

NCAA 12 was a fun game, but less stable. The freezing killed it for me. EA won me back with Madden 12. With, sliders, the game is incredible. I am 4-2 in my franchise and have enjoyed every second of it.

With that said, NCAA got the preorder from me this year due to my love for the college game. However, given my experience last year, I fully expect Madden to be my game of choice in 2013.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #22
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6
I play NCAA and madden both all hear round. Both games are different enough and I really enjoy building a team from scratch on NCAA and competing on madden.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #23
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11

Although I am much more a fan of Pro Football, IMO NCAA is a much better game.

Hence, I never actually "switch" from Madden to NCAA. I will buy Madden just like I buy NCAA every single year but I have always been more of a NCAA fan.

My football gaming is divided 70/30 (NCAA/Madden), NCAA just owned this generation, its football cheese cake!
Old 06-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #24
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
I've never been one to buy Madden first day like I do with Ncaa. I just love college so much more and NCAA has seem to caught up to Madden in recent years...

I actual did not purchase Madden at all this year. I almost always do on black Friday because it gets 1/2 price most of the time...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »