Home

Why does everyone leave when Madden comes out?

This is a discussion on Why does everyone leave when Madden comes out? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Why does everyone leave when Madden comes out?

I buy them both every year.

But up into until lasy year i always prefered NCAA over Madden because Madden had gone stale to me.

IMO without question Madden 12 just played a better game than NCAA 12.

So i played Madden up til January where as I played NCAA til about September then abandoned it until recently going back to playing it in Coach Mode only.

This year I'll be honest I'm more impressed with what I've seen from Madden 13 and NCAA 13 just based on videos and screen shots haven't really jumped out at me.

But i'm still hoping the game is good on the field in terms of gameplay....i don't care if they didn't improve uniforms, sock, dreads and all that other stuff. I will judge them (EA) soley on the gameplay this year.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
You ever see a still-frame shot of it? It's a legit 45'' vertical. The trajectories didn't help, but the LB's had absurd hops.
That's because they are given LB's and DB's 70-90's ratings for verticals.

Just lower that crap down to like 0-50 range (Lower End of Ratings) and you'll get the most realistic looking animations and passing plays in the game.

It sucks we have to do that but hey it's a better alternative to what we might get unless EA does it for us this year.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #35
Pro

roboas's Arena

OVR: 0

I always spend my time with NCAA. Madden's gameplay speed is unrealistic. It is both too fast and too slow at the same time - hard to believe, but they made it possible. NCAA is not perfect, but it is the best football game out there, and building a small team into a power house is always a challenging task.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 01:56 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 1

You should've said "people" rather than "everyone", because a majority of the members don't abandon Ncaa. Sure it takes a back seat to it till we realize we like a few things in it than madden overall and trade it in, or get burned out with madden. But there the select few that will play ncaa to such an extent that the forum becomes non exsistant to us unless we're sharing with othets, or drop into geta few select upates, and mostly give feed back along with broken things in the game wether it be a play or ai.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:12 AM   #37
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I specifically left NCAA Football 12 behind given that A - I have enjoyed Madden NFL 12 more than any other football game I've played to this point, and B - NCAA 12 had atrocious post-release support which created more issues than it solved.

For 11, 10, and 09, I was playing NCAA more often than not if I wanted to play football.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 12

madden has broadcast cam
Old 06-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #39
Rookie

SammyC14's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm NCAA all the way. I bought Madden last year for the first time in at least 4 years. I only really bought it because, as a Browns fan, Peyton Hillis was on the cover. I played it, tried to get into it but couldn't. Went back to NCAA after maybe 3-5 weeks of Madden.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 32
I may go a different route this year. After playing the demo, I may cancel my preorder for Madden and just hang with NCAA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »