Home

A startling discovery about recruiting....

This is a discussion on A startling discovery about recruiting.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2003, 01:27 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
A startling discovery about recruiting....

I might be wrong here but I don't think so. It appears to me that recruiting is done HEAVILY based off of a team's stats. That is, it is way easier to get good WR if you have good numbers at WR going into the recruiting season. I have done some testing on this and it appears that if you make the sliders hard enough that you get realistic stats in line with other teams, you will NOT get great recruits and not need to make rules against yourself to keep from getting too good of a team.

I played a season with really beefed up sliders and had a lot of trouble on defense. Low and behold, there was several positions on defense where not a single guy had me in their top 3 schools and I was playing with Florida State.

Perhaps the problem isn't so much with recruiting being too easy as it is the game play is too easy thus allowing us to lead in too many stats creating a viscious circle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2003, 02:48 PM   #2
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: A startling discovery about recruiting....

Actually this was one of the things EA talked about before the game came out. That you would get recruits based on your style of play. It makes sense when you think about it. Why would a 5-star player want to come to your school if you throw 70% of the time. They want to go somewhere where they can shine. The good thing is this was touted ion a few interviews I read and it's cool to see that it actually worked out that way. Anyway, you didn't make a huge discovery but nice try....
Old 10-10-2003, 02:49 PM   #3
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

When I said 5 star player I meant 5 star running back.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

If you were a blue-chip defensive end would you want to go play for a team that has had a ****ty defense the last few years? What if you were a stud WR. Would you prefer a great throwing team like Florida State, or some low level school like Nevada?
Old 10-12-2003, 11:34 AM   #5
Pro

TerpsJunkie's Arena

OVR: 8

In my Marshall dynasty, I can recruit 5 star QBs and WRs every year, but I'm lucky if I get a decent HB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2003, 07:00 PM   #6
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

i've been able to get solid defensive players but i can't get anybody on offense. i did get a solid ***QB who has like B+ for THA and like A- for THP. to bad he's on my bench since i have a awesome sophomore QB that has like 91 for THA. he is a stud and can put the ball anywhere. i can't get anybody for RB hardly.
Old 10-18-2003, 08:31 PM   #7
Rookie

ajaxab's Arena

OVR: 6

I'd agree that recruiting seems to be stat based. This is a problem without a doubt. I play 8 minute quarters so that means my defence is always among the best in the nation and I can get quality recruits on D. But I have trouble doing the same with offense. Maybe it's because I can't generate good enough stats with 8 minute quarters.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:14 PM   #8
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

You shouldn't have a problem generating good stats with 8 minute quarters. It's possible to do with 5. With 8 you almost have to take a little more time snapping ans such so you dont get an extreme amount of stats. At least in my experience. Alos prolly depends on difficulty and your personel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »