Home

Should There Be More Separation Between the Field and Elite Teams

This is a discussion on Should There Be More Separation Between the Field and Elite Teams within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #9
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Should There Be More Separation Between the Field and Elite Teams

its just a few ratings ea needs to tone down.

1. pursuit ratings for DB's also press and PRC could use some work...

2. tackle - most great teams have 3 good tacklers at best imo, in ncaa 12 every team has 11 great tacklers..

teams like san jose state should have maybe 3 guys with a 65 in any of these..

every team has fast players in real life, i dont think speed is the biggest issue causing us to have #1 defenses...

when i can tackle 1 on 1 trent richardson with a UAB safety we have a problem..

however this level of realism editing can look ugly, the game lacks varied arm tackles so broken tackles are represented by RB's throwing guys off violently, so instead of richardson breaking 2 arm tackles it looks ugly when he throws off a LB then a safety without any leverage or loss of speed..

for most teams tackling a big RB is a team activity. solo tackles are highlighted by announcers in real life as special plays, yet in ncaa every drive has atleast 2...

i am not a sliders guy but i think sliders can boost the cpu running game

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 06-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinho
Considering i beat Stanford back to back years including a game at Stanford Stadium when they were ranked 3rd in the country with Andrew Luck slinging passes... and i was lil ol San Jose State i would say yes. Not to mention the game was on Heisman using SECElite's sliders. The major problems i find in this game are that it's incredibly easy to stop the run even on the hardest setting/slider my teams are always #1 in the country against the run. Also the CPU fumbles at a ridiculous rate, i feel like i am cheating for setting my strip ball to aggressive. In fact i will probably set it to conservative from now on. It's also embarrassing how easy it is to beat run first/option teams like Oregon. They really need to fix the run game for the cpu.

By chance your strategy of stopping the run included controlling t.o.p. and limiting Stanford as much as possible from getting the ball and winning the turnover war?; For the record I don't play as SJSU just as a dynasty team. No, they are my favorite college football team followed by an incredibly close second to Hawaii and then Cal at a distant third because they are in the PAC-12.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #11
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

I like this post! Yes, there needs to be less chance of a mid-level team winning and it should be more difficult to beat the elite teams (although you have to balance that in user vs user).

I'm not sure if it is "ratings spectrum" (not sure what that is) but I would like to see something be done. I think lack of fatigue and injuries do play a part and the depth does not come into play.

For user vs user games there has to be some balance otherwise whoever has the better team will win way too often. I think possibly lowering the effects of fatigue and amount of injuries in user vs user games could be a step in that direction.

However, knowing EA, they will over compensate one way or the other and it will make the game worse so I'm torn on which way to go...

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

You people sure don't like the little guy winning do you?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »