Home

This IS a $45 game!!

This is a discussion on This IS a $45 game!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: This IS a $45 game!!

NCAA 12 was frustrating and not nearly as good as it could have / should have been.

That said I played in an online dynasty with friends and averaged 5 or 6 games a week for 6 or 7 months. So regardless of my complaints about what should have been fixed or what could have been better, all said and done I still got way more value (cost per hour played) out of NCAA 12 than any other game I bought all year long (including games like skyrim and mass effect 3 that were very long and very awesome).

So looking at 13, are there things that will be disappointing? absolutely, but I will still get more value (especially at $45 preorder) out of it than any game this year, so its an absolute buy.

I would love to protest and not buy to try to hit EA where it hurts to get them to make some changes, but ultimately I'd be hurting myself a lot more than I'd be hurting EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 8

Okay just real quick think about this...If Madden didn't have RTP this year would you then have got the game? I have seen so many people saying since yesterday and not just here but at my job and on other sites that they aren't buying Ncaa because it doesn't have RTP ...If that's the main thing stopping you from buying the game then I think you are just trying to find a reason not to get it...Just IMO.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #43
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errors Occurred
Okay just real quick think about this...If Madden didn't have RTP this year would you then have got the game? I have seen so many people saying since yesterday and not just here but at my job and on other sites that they aren't buying Ncaa because it doesn't have RTP ...If that's the main thing stopping you from buying the game then I think you are just trying to find a reason not to get it...Just IMO.
I agree if Madden mentioned no such thing then you wouldn't hear a word about from alot of people....

It makes me mad yes because Madden again gets a good feature while NCAA is left in the dust. But it doesn't effect anything about buying NCAA because we weren't expecting anything like that anyway for it
Old 06-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #44
Contributor

TheKnack's Arena

OVR: 6

Don't assume Madden got a 'good' thing. Infinity might ruin the game with bugs.
NCAA will be SMOOTH and BUG FREE. Everyone can agree '12 was a good game minus the glitches. Eliminate those and you have an excellent game.
Anyone that says that engine sucked is oblivious. We've had that engine for a while and its very fun. Outdated? Maybe. Solid? Absolutely.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #45
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougars
NCAA will be SMOOTH and BUG FREE. Everyone can agree '12 was a good game minus the glitches. Eliminate those and you have an excellent game.
Anyone that says that engine sucked is oblivious. We've had that engine for a while and its very fun. Outdated? Maybe. Solid? Absolutely.
How do you know it will be smooth and bug free? That hasn't happened since it has been on this gen. Sliders have never worked right on this gen. I buy the better game and that has been NCAA the last few years. Madden will be better plain and simple bc of IE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #46
Contributor

TheKnack's Arena

OVR: 6

Madden may be bugged out, just saying.
NCAA has placed an emphasis on eliminating bugs this year per Haumiller. Madden won't have time for quality testing as they are STILL working on implementing INFINITY. I have high hopes for Madden too, but nothing is a given.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
And it might not.

Quote:
NCAA will be SMOOTH and BUG FREE.
I highly doubt it. There has never been a SMOOTH and BUG FREE NCAA game this generation.

Quote:
Everyone can agree '12 was a good game minus the glitches.
I don't agree with this at all.

Quote:
Obviously outdated seeing that Madden is getting a gameplay overhaul. We must have different definitions of "solid".

Quote:
Madden may be bugged out, just saying.
NCAA may be bugged this year, like it has every single year. Just saying.

Quote:
NCAA has placed an emphasis on eliminating bugs this year per Haumiller.
Why wouldn't they say their emphasis is eliminating bugs if the last game was filled with them?

Quote:
Madden won't have time for quality testing as they are STILL working on implementing INFINITY.
That's what Game Changers are for.

Quote:
I have high hopes for Madden too, but nothing is a given.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #48
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errors Occurred
Okay just real quick think about this...If Madden didn't have RTP this year would you then have got the game?
I'm assuming you're asking if I would've gotten NCAA? If so yes, I would've bought NCAA and not Madden if the Infinity Engine had not been announced. The reason I have chosen to cancel my NCAA preorder an to preorder Madden is because I feel I probably won't get even $45 worth of fun gameplay out of NCAA. I think that once Madden comes out, I will not want to play NCAA due to the inferior collision system. $45 is not worth one month of gameplay to me.

Quote:
NCAA will be SMOOTH and BUG FREE. Everyone can agree '12 was a good game minus the glitches.

Last edited by capn_razzamataz; 06-05-2012 at 06:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »