Home

This IS a $45 game!!

This is a discussion on This IS a $45 game!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: This IS a $45 game!!

its because its ncaa 12.5 improved
Old 06-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #50
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

I just want to say to people saying NCAA 12 was a good game minus the bugs, almost every game would be amazing if there were no bugs or glitches. The bugs and glitches were awful and should NEVER be in a full priced product on release day.

One of the biggest features of NCAA 12 was create a playbook, yet that had some random bug that made the feature broken for many people. Something very easy to spot by anybody actually playing the game and it was busted for how many weeks post-launch?

IIRC there was in game issues with the Safeties not playing properly and letting up big pass plays not to mention that the Triple Option still did not function properly with forced 3 step drops on option pass plays and other minor issues that ended up leaving the playbook unplayable without using gamey tactics. Also the AI still could not effectively run the Triple Option or the Spread Option making teams like Georgia Tech and Oregon useless.

There was the issues with the Spread No-Huddle being a complete nuisance that killed immersion. More in-game issues with broken tackle animations allowing HUGE runs because defenders would run to the point of contact and not to where the ball carrier currently was or where he was going.

Then there were issues with the AI depth charts after a few years of dynasty mode. Finally to their other major selling point, the atmosphere. The pre-game intros were very poorly created. They had great animations but no emotion to them. There was about as much energy in those intros as there is water in the Central Sahara. Crown noise and commentary were both terrible by modern gaming standards.

All I am saying is, NCAA Football 12 was only an all around success by NCAA Football standards but it was a sub-par game by industry standards.

As for NCAA Football 13, in a pure opportunity cost decision, I will not buy this game for even $45. I would buy Madden 13 at full price with NYS sales tax over NCAA 13 at $45 dollars without any sales tax.

Luckily for me my brother is for some reason stuck on this game so I will be able to play it for free as long as I buy Madden which is a must this year.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 3

Last year had some issues, I got fustrated with Online Dyntasty transfer failed issues. If those issues are in this years version, I will sell my copy quick and not wait for them to try to fix them... They have been releasing it like a pc game.... always patch later.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »