Home

Will you buy NCAA 13? (post E3)

This is a discussion on Will you buy NCAA 13? (post E3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you still buying NCAA 13
Yes 149 45.29%
No 111 33.74%
Undecided 61 18.54%
Rent 8 2.43%
Voters: 329. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2012, 12:08 AM   #49
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Will you buy NCAA 13? (post E3)

Yes.

I haven't played an NCAA series game since '10, and got bored quick. I have the football itch right now, but I'm going to jump the shark and buy it.

It might not be a day 1 buy since I want to read personal reviews and get more intel on Madden '13.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #50
Rookie

Paulinho's Arena

OVR: 5

I prefer college football and haven't bought a Madden game this generation yet today i canceled my preorder for NCAA 13 and preordered Madden. The physics are a deal breaker for me. I'll miss you NCAA see you in NCAA 14.

Last edited by Paulinho; 06-05-2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:27 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2
Yessir

Madden won't be free of glitches galore. It would be a programming miracle considering the talent of guys they have handling these projects. The brains of this RTP was in charge of EA MMA. Wow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 01:37 AM   #52
Rookie

Jakeboutte's Arena

OVR: 11

Yes Im still going to get NCAA13! I buy both of them each and every year. They are different in their own ways. I go back and forth with them all year long! Super excited for our OD we have a good core group! Its gonna be a good year of football!

On a side note! All of these guys that are pissed and bashing EA, are going to be the same guys that come on here in 4 months and bash EA on how Madden is glitchy and blah blah blah! Give EA a damn break people!!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 01:54 AM   #53
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

The good news is it should be glitch free for NCAA 14, right? Madden is just doing the test drive.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 06-05-2012, 01:58 AM   #54
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Yeah, I was sold before because a new passing system and that has always been my biggest complaint of the 2 football games as of late.

Yeah it sucks it won't have the same engine as Madden, but not a deal breaker at all for me since they are making changes.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:58 AM   #55
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Honestly I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I have bought NCAA since '99 and this would be the first time I don't get it. I'm not mad at all that NCAA is getting left behind this year with RTP it makes sense but it really was a deal breaker for me. That's just me though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 02:12 AM   #56
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

OVR: 1

Look,
I'm not coming in here to troll; more so to vent my frustrations. I understand the limitations, the need for Madden to come first and foremost in terms of the best features but without any sort of importing draft classes and no integration between importing coaches to the NFL or vice versa, it's a no go for me.

All of that without mentioning that there's no Real-Time Physics. I probably sound like a spoiled child by saying that but my enjoyment from the NCAA experience every year was prioritized like this:

(-1-) Getting the ratings correct so that the right players would transfer with the best results in terms of every attribute, height/weight and where they were projected to be drafted.

(-2-) Playing Road to Glory to import my player into the NFL (in which after about a season or so, I'd stop playing because Superstar mode always sucked).

(-3-) Playing an offline dynasty mode, usually with Northwestern (this year I was planning on playing with the Florida Gators) for my main draft class export.

(-4-) Playing every Bowl game to get a feel for the players I was importing into Madden.

But,
All of this was usually hindered by how boring I found the gameplay to be in NCAA. There was no personality to any of the players, nothing about it felt 'personal' like how a college football game should. I wanna see jaw-dropping, dynamic plays that you could never replicate like you see on Saturdays. I really felt with Real-Time Physics all of that would be finally there for me to enjoy actually playing the game -- but it's not. So, sadly and unfortunately for the lack of importing draft classes and no implementation of Real-Time Physics, I find absolutely no use for NCAA 13 unless somehow the gameplay truly delivers; which I haven't seen since the PS2/Xbox days.

I wish everyone the best who does buy this game and I hope they feel like they got their moneys worth but I am going to pass this year. I've bought essentially the same game three straight years, I'll pass on this one. Save myself the headache.
NCAAF: NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
@michaelsbodam | PSN: BodamEscapePlan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »