Home

Can't import draft classes into Madden 13

This is a discussion on Can't import draft classes into Madden 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Can't import draft classes into Madden 13

i just cancelled my pre-order because of this info.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 1

Look, I'm going to buy both Madden and NCAA this year either way, because I get a heck of a lot of play time out of both of them, but this kind of irks me. I have feelings on the matter.

1.) Draft Class importing was a HUGE selling point for me on Madden. I play NCAA more than Madden, but when I did play Madden, I loved seeing my athletes from NCAA in the pros.

2.) I won't be nearly as frustrated if they allow customizable draft classes. As I have personally come to see with NBA 2k, the community here can do AWESOME things with draft classes if given the right tools. Give us those tools and I will be happy.

That being said, I doubt they will give us those tools, as Looman mentioned that the game has specific player storylines and they are recapped in studio by Wingo. I don't think they can allow customization with the voice-over and whatnot. Also, what is the point of the draft board in NCAA 13 if it doesn't carry over to Madden? I thought that would fix dc import, but I guess that's just for "pro potential" or whatever.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #75
Rookie

gametime25's Arena

OVR: 4

Well, I'm not buying NCAA this year. I'm only getting Madden for the new engine. Well, I might just rent it & see how the engine plays. They still need foot planting & better run animations though. Anyways I used to love to import players from NCAA to Madden, especially on my Gamecube. I did it a little bit on Madden/NCAA 11 it was cool, but those games sucked. But this feature is sick & needs to be brought back asap. I was going to do it this year again, im so dissappointed right now.

Last edited by gametime25; 06-05-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #76
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Well if Madden Vita doesn't get this connected careers maybe they will let people upload their NCAA draft classes to the Madden Vita version.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #77
Rookie

T-Moar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
All you just mentioned are "icing" type of things, when I said Major, I was talking about the actual cake that's been a little dry these past releases.

Actual cake meaning those things that will "enhance" the on-field Gameplay.

There are several threads of in-depth discussions of what I'm talking about, so no need to repeat here.

-things that separate QB's
-AI runners running with purpose and utilizing their skillset to score.
-Punt/FG Block programming
-Weight meaning something

etc....

Stuff that will not require a Major Editing Project again to get teams/players to behave accordingly.

Nothing major is not an understatement as you implied, some are ok with icing type things.

I guess my statement pertains more to Offline players.
I'm a completely Offline player. It's still ridiculous to say that improvements haven't been made when they obviously have. Furthermore, let's go through your list and see what's been addressed in Madden:

Quote:
-things that separate QB's
There's no evidence of this being in Madden, either. From what I can tell, Madden's passing system is still exactly the same as that of NCAA.
Quote:
-AI runners running with purpose and utilizing their skillset to score.
This is as much of an issue in Madden as it is in NCAA. I still haven't found a slider set in Madden that has a decent balance of power when it comes to CPU running backs. Either they go for 200 yards/game and break 30 tackles every time they touch the ball, or they get 20 carries and wind up with -30 yards.
Quote:
-Punt/FG Block programming
The team claims to have addressed Punt/Kick returning this year. I'm in wait-and-see mode when it comes to that, but you can't cite it as an instance of the devs not doing anything.
Quote:
-Weight meaning something
Assuming that Infinity Engine works right (I'm not so sure it will, but I'll give them benefit of the doubt for the sake of argument) this is literally the only thing on the list that Madden has addressed and NCAA hasn't.

Furthermore, when the devs give the players something that they've been begging for literally for years (good OD, RTG, Coaching Carousel) you can't claim that they're neglecting the series. It's a claim that's not there to be made. And I still haven't seen anything about TB being dropped, so your claim that EA is "dropping NCAA's online feature (TB), yet building on Madden's online feature" is a crock. It's like you're buying completely into Madden's hype, without even playing it.

I hate the recent developments as much as the next person, but let's stop pretending that the NCAA team is just sitting in their computer chairs over at EA and doing nothing.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #78
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

Every year I am amazed at how EA decides to spend the millions they make off of Madden. Instead of simply fixing imported draft classes, they make new game modes no one plays, or make 3d images of phil simms and jim nance. Unreal. I wasnt going to buy Madden13 anyway because their online franchise is awful, but this seals it. Ncaa13 wooo
Old 06-06-2012, 12:41 AM   #79
Banned

OVR: 3

EA is known for taking out an old feature and adding nothing to replace it! I find with 2k there always trying to improve the very same feature instead of deleting it.

I really enjoy Drafted my rookies! I guess I will be playing ncaa12 for another year!

I've got a feeling that both Madden 13 and NCAA 13 will have lots of glitches and bugs.

Please bring back competition.

EA are fools with gmmicks every year 2K5 had broadcast and halftime and post game and weekly wrap up. Madden is sort of doing it now with no halftime this year ! what a joke !
Old 06-06-2012, 01:03 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Moar
I'm a completely Offline player. It's still ridiculous to say that improvements haven't been made when they obviously have. Furthermore, let's go through your list and see what's been addressed in Madden:(It's not a NCAA vs Madden thing, why go there?)

There's no evidence of this being in Madden, either. From what I can tell, Madden's passing system is still exactly the same as that of NCAA.

This is as much of an issue in Madden as it is in NCAA. I still haven't found a slider set in Madden that has a decent balance of power when it comes to CPU running backs. Either they go for 200 yards/game and break 30 tackles every time they touch the ball, or they get 20 carries and wind up with -30 yards.

The team claims to have addressed Punt/Kick returning (I believe my post was specific in noting the lack of a "Blocking phase", not the returns)this year. I'm in wait-and-see mode when it comes to that, but you can't cite it as an instance of the devs not doing anything.(never was about what the dev's are/aren't doing, but what the Game has/is doing as of the next release)

Assuming that Infinity Engine works right (I'm not so sure it will, but I'll give them benefit of the doubt for the sake of argument)(Physics attempt in EA's brand of football is "Major", so even if it has issues out the gate, it's doesn't downplay the change since being on Next-Gen). this is literally the only thing on the list that Madden has addressed and NCAA hasn't.(there are many thread discussions listing the differences

Furthermore, when the devs give the players something that they've been begging for literally for years (there are countless Gameplay suggestions w/vid's that have gone "Area 51", what about those?) (good (some might debate this term being used here)OD, RTG (just because they change the name doesn't make it new/major), Coaching Carousel(was not touched after many detailed suggestions were given to improve and other than pre-determined progression, what exactly did it enhance/improve?) you can't claim that they're neglecting the series (where the game is today vs current genre standards speaks to whatever neglect there is, not me). It's a claim that's not there to be made. And I still haven't seen anything about TB being dropped, so your claim that EA is "dropping NCAA's online feature (TB), yet building on Madden's online feature" is a crock (there's a cost to run TB on servers and little to no improvement since being introduced)(how long you think this trend will con't with NO profit coming from it?). It's like you're buying completely into Madden's hype, without even playing it (well...my posting history would suggest otherwise).

I hate the recent developments as much as the next person, but let's stop pretending that the NCAA team is just sitting in their computer chairs over at EA and doing nothing.(don't know were you pulled this from and why "YOU" wanted to take it there, but oh well!)
But statements/attacks like this tend to happen around this time (as the reason for insta-ban's) every year now.

Let's just agree to disagree

Last edited by khaliib; 06-06-2012 at 01:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »