Home

NCAA Football 13 Demo Is Out, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Demo Is Out, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #1305
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 13 Demo Is Out, Post Your Impressions Here

Will Erin Andrews still be in the game? lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #1306
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Got an itch to play the demo today after picking up my Football for Dummies book to brush up on my basics, and watched a few YouTube videos on coverages, and things like that.

That might sound kind of crazy, and just noobish, but when I get anxious for the game I always do these things to keep my mind fresh.

So anyways, I pop the demo up, and I just LIT UP Baylor with Kansas State. Given I know this was on Varsity, but it's such an awesome feeling to look at the field on offense and just KNOW how to attack it, or what to audible to without even thinking.

I won pretty effortlessly. I will say may one major flaw in this game is still stick skills. If I had the same skill set as some of these other guys with the sticks I would fear to many people.

I think my defensive basics are bad at times. I use to do pretty well just being instinctive and sniffing the play out, but now I seem to give up a lot of plays over-perusing and stuff. Definitely need to work on that end.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:23 AM   #1307
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I'm worried I'm overplaying the demo and the real game will get stale. Gameplay is so much better, and this is with default sliders.
Would t worry about that cause I don't think the demo was the final build so there maybe more animations and such in the released version. Just a though but since they released demo so early I assume that wasn't the final build of the game.

And really there is never too much football.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 07-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #1308
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

does anyone know how to cancel the auto-drop in the demo?

it appears that EA has eliminated the users ability to cancel it at any time and now we are all forced to use the auto-drop. i know that many folks like the auto-drop for whatever reason but im not one of them i like to cancel it about 5yrds back from the LOS.

basically i think the auto-drop severaly reduces the users ability to avoid the pass rush and on alot of occasions actually causes more sacks than it prevents; because alot of times the auto-drop out drops the pocket. its not really an issue passing from the shotty but i find it a major major annoyance as far as passing from under the center.

just last yr you could cancel it, so hopefully theres just something im missing.

if EA removed it because some folks dont know how to chew gum and walk at the same time, then thats wackado. if it is gone then im really getting tired of EA always tryna dictate that everyone must play football according to EAs own personal interpretation of football, again its not my fault some folks dont know how to stay within the pocket.

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni
Old 07-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #1309
Rookie

Bluflmz13's Arena

OVR: 4
this is my 5th consecutive year playing ncaa for the 360, n this might b the biggest leap for the series.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #1310
Rookie

murdamann10's Arena

OVR: 6

This will be the first Ncaa I will buy on opening day. 11 was ok, 12 was better.

13 (the demo) in my opinion is much better than 12 simply with the passing system. When I was playing the DEMO (i emphasize demo because final build will be a bit better) I felt like I had to re-learn how to pass in the game. There are times I see canned animations, but to nowhere near as much as years past. I'm curious to see if option is able to be successful this year. Also, running the ball/ running after catch feels alot better when juking with the right stick. I can tell the difference when playing with different RB's in the demo. Baylor and Kent st. got some quick backs.

Blocking is so-so with me. At times I see great blocking, sometimes I see crap blocking. Just from playing the demo, I think blocking may have improved a bit, but in reality its far from great but I can see a diference.

Here's to hoping that offline Dynasty is great!!!!

Coming from an offline player

LSU----LA Tech----Louisiana-Lafayette
Old 07-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #1311
Banned

OVR: 32

I am excited for the game and glad that I didn't download the demo. I'd rather go off the impressions here from posters I respect and then let everything be fresh when I get the game on release day.

I too am worried about the low completion percentages that I've been hearing. I am a stat junkie and like realism, so that could end up being a big problem.

I am not sure why EA seems to have such a tough time with replicating realistic simulation stats. I won't judge too much for now until I see it for myself, but hopefully it's not a big problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #1312
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblackis
The crowd looks AWFUL. And the normal graphics are looking really crappy as well. We wont see any improvements until the next gen systems come out again in 2 years.. Thats the only time EA actually puts any major time into making their games. Then just rehases them for the next 6+ years.
Really? IIRC Madden 06 was awful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »