Home

For those who own a PS3 and Xbox..

This is a discussion on For those who own a PS3 and Xbox.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #49
Banned

GamingLegendOS's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: For those who own a PS3 and Xbox..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito2009
This has been said over and over and its wrong.. A Dev came on here a year or 2 ago and said they are made side by side... there is no porting. Not sure why people always think this.
If you believe that then I have a bridge to sell you. It is not good for business if they refer to one version as a port when it is.

You think they will spend the resources on 2 teams to make the game on each console. NOT Happening on any multi platform game

But devs wont admit to that because a ps3 or 360 owner does not want to hear their version was a port.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #50
Rookie

dreneel's Arena

OVR: 4

If a game is made on both go with the xbox...
Old 06-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #51
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8

My 360 got the red ring on about my eighth time playing it so PS3 for me.
NCAA: Kansas Jayhawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #52
Rookie

bballa333's Arena

OVR: 0

I have bought NCAA 09,10,11, and 12 on the Xbox 360 and feel that it's time to give my PS3 a go round with NCAA 13. While it's true that the Xbox version has more sharpness, it seems to be more arcade-like than the demo I played for 13 on the PS3. The PS3 over exaggerates the white, but the graphics seem more realistic and not as cartoony. From what I've heard, the PS3 retail version of the game is significantly improved from the demo in past installments. The audio on the PS3 is also better with DTS technology and the gameplay on the PS3 controller is more comfortable on my hands. I especially find the right analogue stick easier to control on the PS3. Not to sound like just another PS3 fanboy, trust me, I'm not. The Xbox version will likely have better online dynasty and larger player pools to play online with. It also uses far less motion blur from the PS3 version, a point in the Xbox favor for most. I think that there really isn't much difference on the grand scale between the two versions and you really can't go wrong with either console. If you're looking for a delightful change, go with the console you normally don't go with. Me personally, I am going for the PS3 game this year. It might be a fatal mistake, but you never know until you try. There's always NCAA 12 sitting around on 360 and always next year to decide again.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #53
Banned

WIAggie's Arena

OVR: 3

PS3

The game looks great on my 42 HDTV
Old 06-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #54
Rookie

mcarta's Arena

OVR: 2

Just bought an Xbox360 yesterday. I love it. The demo looks and feels better to me than on PS3. I have been on PS3 for years so I have to get adjusted to the controls of Xbox but after playing PS3 demo at freinds house on like at 72 inch screen, and then playing xbox 360 demo on my 46 inch I think the Xbox is better.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:22 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was wondering the same thing. Still on the fence about which version to pick up. I've been going back and forth between the two since the demo came out and noticed better aliasing on the 360 but the imaging quality seemed blurrier compared to ps3. The ps3 suffered from a tad of stuttering framerates between play call and pre-snap, but gameplay seemed stable. Player icons are a tad larger on 360 compared to ps3. The larger icon have a tendency to clutter the field when multiple pass routes are going on at the same time. Camera view between the two seemed about the same save for the 360's seems to be zoomed in more. Some gamers prefer the open field view of the ps3 and some prefer to be closer to the action on the 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'll get it for the Xbox360. Several years ago, I bought the PS3 version and it actually had a lower framerate (30 fps vs 60 fps on 360). I suspect the difference between the two versions, if there is one at all, is much smaller now. But still, it seems like when a game comes out for both consoles, you are safer getting the 360 version (see Skyrim). I like the 360 controller better too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »