Home

why does ncaa 13 ps3 have such bad graphics

This is a discussion on why does ncaa 13 ps3 have such bad graphics within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #65
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: why does ncaa 13 ps3 have such bad graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
This is the most helpful post I've seen yet regarding this issue. Key phrase:

Didn't know the PS3 used a special compression for the demos. It makes perfect sense though. Hopefully you're spot on!
The Show team has done it for their demos in years past as well.

Now, don't expect the retail version to look like a PS4 game, or even as good as Madden honestly, but it will most certainly look better based on the previous version demo to retail comparisons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

good insight in this thread. This is the first time ive seen a demo look so bad. The grass looked horrible and the players looked so pixelated. I skipped '12 and Im on the fence about '13, but im sure if the graphics looked good in '12, they will look good in '13. Like someone said, might be due to size constraints.
But wow, it really did look crappy...
Old 06-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #67
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

Just played the ps3 demo this morning, played xbox 360 version earlier last week. I was under the influence that the xbox graphically was superior but the xbox and ps3 demo's they look the same. I can not believe I am saying that, every year I would play the 360 version but I sware they seem the same. The colors seem were vibrant on the ps3. I will play the LSU v Alabama game on ps3. It's really dark on xbox so I will see if it's the same on ps3. I always hear about porting and other video game terminology but is this hear say or straight from the producer's mouth. I hear aliasing and things of that nature but what's true and what's not. If it's not from the producers mouth then I believe it to be an opinion, somebody clear this up for me. Oh and gameplay in my opinion, it's the same no difference.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:45 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
My points about the PS3 are that the grass isn't rendered at all in the replays. As I have said MANY times in this thread and others, the game at the line of scrimmage and during actual gameplay looks fine outside of a few issues obviously present because its a demo build.

But whereas the 360 version has fully rendered 3D grass and everything else is polished, the PS3 version does not. The PS3 version's grass isn't rendered at all and the game itself has numerous frame rate problems, lag, slowdown and graphics glitches (like the QB lining up off center).

Here is a quick iPhone picture of the QB lined up off-center:

i experienced the same. well said
Old 06-19-2012, 01:19 AM   #69
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Just being honest here, I have a hard time understanding how 20 straight people can say they are seeing the same thing and then that one has to say "Not on my TV!"

I am a PS3 owner. My roommate has a 360. I was saying this last year too, the differences are very very noticable. It's just fact.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:28 AM   #70
Banned

FloydNDLAL's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Just being honest here, I have a hard time understanding how 20 straight people can say they are seeing the same thing and then that one has to say "Not on my TV!"

I am a PS3 owner. My roommate has a 360. I was saying this last year too, the differences are very very noticable. It's just fact.
It's only a fact for you ok not for everyone else.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #71
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:

I'm with you there. There's definitely differences and it's a fact that they inherently WILL be different. The PS3 version is a port of the 360, sometimes ports can be 1:1 but something generally always gets "lost" in the transition. This has always been the case with EA sports games. The fact that EA had to release a PS3 patch for Madden last year because the grass textures were so bad proves it.

Check out the H2H from Lensoftruth: http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head...l-12-analysis/

The devs for EA sports do a bad job porting. But like Dalewood said, the PS3 demos get compressed. Ok, so hopefully the rendering and framerate will be fixed but once again, as a port, it probably won't be 1:1 in quality with the 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2012, 12:56 AM   #72
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

LOL

Easy, b/c subconsciously ppl feel tehy need to ignore or play down obvious issues in order to make themselves feel better about dropping $60 bucks.

That said, I will agree with the demo graphics on PS3 being worse than the retail the past two years. BUT, the issues with the framerate and slowdown remain.

Last edited by stoncold32; 06-20-2012 at 12:59 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »