Home

NCAA 13 Reading Man vs Zone Pre-snap

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 Reading Man vs Zone Pre-snap within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #9
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA 13 Reading Man vs Zone Pre-snap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death

In real life, if the D calls Cover 2 and the O motions a WR, the CB stays home because why??? Because it's freaking Cover 2!!! Yet this year you motion a WR and the CB will follow him regardless.
in real life corners never follow a receiver across the formation under any circumstances- a corner has to set the edge on running plays. they pass motion guys off to the safety opposite the formation. a nickelback may follow a slot across the formation, but not the outside corner. just more evidence that EA doesn't know jack sh!t about football.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I think the point you and the guy who posted above you are missing though, is that teams don't "disguise coverage" by showing "Man" every snap. They may line up in what appears to be Cover 2, then switch to Cover 3 at the snap, they may let a WR motion and NOT follow him, making you believe it's a Zone, but then at the snap the FS takes the WR and suddenly it's Man.

But teams don't call Cover 2 and then have their CB, whose job it is to defend the flat, go in motion w/ a WR, thus vacating the flat and leaving it up to LBer to get there, which then creates another opening.

It is not realism nor have I have ever seen a team "disguise coverage" in this manner.
It makes me wonder who thought this up? Want to disguise cover 2? Change the depth of corner. Or play cover 3 sky. Instead we get something that never happens.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:50 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have just debunked this video. It is true only when one of the CBs is to cover a deep zone, they take a few steps off to get to that zone quicker. If they are covering a short zone or in man the play is almost identical. I will post 5 pictures of the same offensive play, the defense (4-3) just shifted into Cover 2 man, Cover 2 zone, Man blitz, Cover 3 zone, and Cover 4 zone, which are some of the most commonly used plays in one of the most commonly used defensive forms.

If you notice from cover 2 man to cover 2 zone the only difference is the slot defender takes a step back in zone. However in Man\blitz the coverage reads just like a deep zone play so there is no way to correctly read the man\zone pre-snap 100% of the time.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »