Home

hot routes

This is a discussion on hot routes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #17
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: hot routes

Im just saying, that's technically what it is because the route shortens near the goalline
Old 06-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #18
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Well then it's a flag route that was taken out of the game and not a slant route.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #19
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
Well then it's a flag route that was taken out of the game and not a slant route.
lol fair enough
Old 06-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #20
Banned

LucasWVU's Arena

It was not something that worked everytime. If i lined up in a 4WR Trio and came out in four verticals..

> X < X X

(TRIO Recievers^^^)

I would audible that reciever into a slant going >>>>> if there were only two guys covering the three recievers. Therefore, they would be forced to leave either the slant open (normally) or a vertical route.

Thats not cheesing or exploiting, thats ME outsmarting YOU.

Last edited by LucasWVU; 06-08-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #21
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
I'm glad it was taken out, that wasn't a very realistic hot route. The angle was just weird and you could abuse it to the wide side of the field. You could hot route the inside WR to run the outside slant, the outside WR to run the inside slant and it messed up the coverage and the outside slant was wide open.

A love the route that was mentioned earlier. More of a speed out. Drive upfield for 5, pivot and drift to the pylon getting as much depth as you need to clear the D. I wish that was in the game. The the flag/corner route is too steep of an angle and the out routes don't gain the depth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #22
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

All you have to do to stop this hot route is either be in a set with a fast enough DB to keep up with the WR, or counter the hot route with flat zones with your DE or LBs. It's not cheesing at all.

Also, I dare you to run it against the computer on Heisman, because if you do it on the outside to the sideline you will be eating Pick-6-pie every time.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #23
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
All you have to do to stop this hot route is either be in a set with a fast enough DB to keep up with the WR, or counter the hot route with flat zones with your DE or LBs. It's not cheesing at all.

Also, I dare you to run it against the computer on Heisman, because if you do it on the outside to the sideline you will be eating Pick-6-pie every time.
Sorry I don't see the same things you do. My OD plays on some pretty tough Heisman sliders and I threw VERY few interceptions in NCAA 12, even when I ran air raid. I have always found passing to be incredibly easy. I am good at making reads, I know what I'm supposed to be looking for and I was patient enough to make super LB's irrelevant.

The play I mentioned in my post, basically a criss-cross slant to the wide side of the field, created a natural pick and a wide open WR.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #24
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

Ok, having two WRs cross is different. Then the problem isn't with the route itself, but with the AI. Even then, I still think flat zones would take care of the problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »