Home

Player rating changes

This is a discussion on Player rating changes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Player rating changes

sorry for the newbie question
but i know guys do a roster update which they kindly make public for every1
will that be just name changes or ratings as well??
Old 06-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #74
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmanus
sorry for the newbie question
but i know guys do a roster update which they kindly make public for every1
will that be just name changes or ratings as well??
Ratings, positions, depth charts, coaches and name changes

Xbox 360

PS3

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 06-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #75
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
actually they just recyle the ratings....

I can show you QB's, RB's and WR's that were previously at most of these major schools from back in NCAA 07 and EA uses basically the same exact ratings on the current players each succeding year.

So technically the ratings are randomized to a certain extent.....how else do you explain 180 lb RB's with 90 break tackle and 80 strength ratings?
Ok? So show me. Because I havent seen recycled ratings. I've noticed players and ratings that change every year. Like I said, if it was because of lawsuits, there would be completely random rosters

Last edited by Ky3217; 06-12-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky3217
Ok? So show me. Because I havent seen recycled ratings. I've noticed players and ratings that change every year. Like I said, if it was because of lawsuits, there would be completely random rosters
I will get back to you later to bust your bubble after i retrieve my copies of NCAA 07 through NCAA 11 games...

as for the ratings and tendencies some of you guys should check out this video i found for APF 2K8/13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LarWaxLHliM

I think a lot of this stuff he speaks about is the reason why we don't see any seperation of the players on EA's default rosters. Way too many guys all playing the same because of random ratings all being assinged the same throughout most of the schools.

It's not uncommon to see a 2-3 LB at every school with 80 agility and 80 speed. It's not uncommon to see 3-4 RB's on every big program with 90 speed and 80 break tackle ability or a QB with 80+ Throw Power and 80+ accuacry on just about every single team in the game....

In other words this game lacks player seperation and therefor every game regardless of teams feel the same on the field.

It's not that i have a problem with players being rated 90+ overall.....I have a problem with so many players being rated 90+ and every year many posters at OS use the Overall rating to determine the order of the players or rosters.

Look at this thread and ask yourself why was there a list of RB's posted showing so many guys in the 90's?

It's because EA sets the bar so most guys feel as if all the good players have to be rated in the 90's or else they under rated or won't play good.

It amazes me that the amount of people who don't realize a RB in this game can play well even if he's rated in the 80's

A Truly rated Power back in this game doesn't need need 80+ speed to be effective. A LB in this game doesn't need 90+ tackling ability to be effective it just the way EA sets the bar. So many people use the EA default rosters to determine or judge a players ability in the game.

Look at how many of the players who leave NCAA Football that were rated a 90 speed go to the NFL combine and they are somewhere truly in the 80-85 speed range.

Then those 80-85 speed guys are truly like 70-75 speed guys.....

Do people who really play the NCAA Football series know how great the game play is when you have more guys on the field with 70-80 speed as opposed to 80-90 speed?

Have you seen how this game plays when only 2-4 guys on an entire team has like 90 agility or acceleration?

Do you know what it is like to try and ocmplete passes with backup QB that has only 60 arm strength and 60 accuarcy rating?

What if your RB only has 78 speed and 80 acceleration would that make you work harder for yards and make feel you as though you accomplished something big because his ratings forced you to play his strenght's on the field?

What if you only had 1 DB who was capable of playing lock down man coverage......and the rest of your secondary couldn't be trusted?

These are things we don't ever get to really see with default rosters because players are so closely rated at each position taking away player seperation on the field.

I've complained about these things for years and I'm big advocant of EA getting rid of the Levels such as Heisman and just let ratings play a more prominent role their game.

If a USER is controlling a QB who sucks at throwing the deep ball with accuarcy that QB shoudl still suck on the field regardless of my stick skills. I shouldn't be able to make a QB with 60 accuarcy play as if he has 80-90 accuarcy.

A RB who has no break tackle ability at all should be rated 0-20 in that category so no matter what the USER does that guy simply isn't going to break many tackles on the field. You don't have to increase his break tackle rating just to increase his overall rating in order to rank him.

MEMO to EA if a Big Run Stuffing DT at 330 lb's is only effective as a Run Stopper and doesn't chase people down from behind why are you giving that guy 60 agility and 80 acceleration?

It should be more about player tendencies and less about player overalls.

I believe EA can do this if they spend more time actually focusing on the gameplay.

I had this debate about the Heisman players in another thread all being rated a 99 or 100 overall....Why does Desmond Howard need extra points towards a rating he was very good at just to boost up his overall rating?

Look at NBA 2K12 and their Legends do you see Larry Bird with a 90+ rating for jumping and 3-PT shooting just to boost up his overall rating?

That was the difference between NBA 2K12's Legends and EA's Heisman players....player aren't perfect even if they are great and players have strenght's and weakneses on the field.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #77
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

So you're saying that in NCAA 07, Michigan had a quarterback with his speed, acceleration, and agility ratings in the 90s? Because, if I remember correctly, Chad Henne (I think he was the quarterback for them at the time) wasnt that fast.

Also, if a lawsuit over player likeness was the case, Michigan State wouldnt have a QB with the #10, or a RB with the # 24, or a LB with the #40, or a TE with the #80, or a DE with the #2, and so on and so forth. Plus all of those players in the game have the same height and weight as their real life counter parts. Those have more to do with a player's likeness than their ratings.

Like I said, any mistakes are caused purely by EA's laziness, homerism, and lack of knowledge on college football. It has nothing to do with any lawsuits.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:14 PM   #78
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

The ratings in NCAA are ALWAYS too high. Just look at Collin Klein from Kansas State. In no world should he be rated a 93 overall. Also, in no world should Dayne Crist be an 85 overall at Kansas. Drop them both down 5 overall points and maybe that's closer to what they should be. Outside of QB's, EA's overalls are too reliant on speed/acc/agility. QB's are too reliant on THP/THA. Go create a non-QB in any NCAA game and put his speed at 99. He'll instantly be like a 65-70 overall. Way too high. I doubt Usain Bolt would be a 70 overall WR as of today. But in NCAA he would. Also, they don't recycle guys for each team. They just recycle them overall, except for the superstars in NCAA football, like Denard Robinson. I have a feeling they get them as close to perfect as possible. But I bet you could find a Dayne Crist somewhere in NCAA 07.

Also, it's not lawsuits. They got that tossed out.

Quote:
Pointing to the interactive nature of EA's NCAA Football, including the ability to change names, manipulate player attributes, and create rosters, the judge found that Electronic Arts used Hart's likeness in a transformative manner.

Last edited by BA2929; 06-12-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #79
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Also, they don't recycle guys for each team. They just recycle them overall, except for the superstars in NCAA football, like Denard Robinson.

Also, it's not lawsuits. They got that tossed out.
And they do this because? Laziness

So basically my point has been proven
Old 06-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
First and foremost, EA can not make rosters accurate due to the lawsuits about player likeness. It is this way and will continue to be this way.

Second, NEVER go off a 40 time ran in Spring Ball. They are NEVER correct. It is just padded information supplied by the school. Heck in high school I was listed as a 5'10 PG, when in reality I was 5'7" at that time.
They can at least get close, they are so far off. Oh and Gilbert really is that fast. He's ran an official 4.31 and 4.32. Gundy said he is the fastest college player he's ever seen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »