Home

Look at what the Infinity Engine has caused now...

This is a discussion on Look at what the Infinity Engine has caused now... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #57
Banned

FloydNDLAL's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Look at what the Infinity Engine has caused now...

Am glad NCAA didn't get the Infinity Engine. It seems to still be in work in progress, hopefully in 14 it will be much better!!! ONLY CAN HOPE
Old 06-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #58
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I don't see NCAA getting rid of being able to edit your rosters. I don't even see them going the route of CCM, as you can only play a max of 4 seasons with one guy. Now, they might modify CCM for NCAA, and when you're done with your NCAA RTG guy you can move him to Madden, play with him until his career is over, then re-import him back into NCAA to serve as a coach. Similar to what Mike Vrabel did after he was done playing with the Chiefs.

I just can't see a world where even EA gets rid of the most popular part of one of their games. Being able to edit rosters is the reason NCAA is so popular, because everyone can make the team what they want. Madden can get rid of the editing of rosters because they have actual REAL players. I don't frequent the Madden boards very often, but I don't think there are thousands of players visiting them asking when correctly named rosters are going to be finished when the game is released.

I think this is just a 1-year thing for Madden because they couldn't think of a quick fix to include roster edits and have their new stuff work correctly. Same with getting rid of importing draft classes. I have a feeling they'll both be back next year and everyone is just going overboard like they did when they realized NCAA wasn't going to have RTP and assumed NCAA was just "half done".

Last edited by BA2929; 06-12-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #59
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I don't see NCAA getting rid of being able to edit your rosters. I don't even see them going the route of CCM, as you can only play a max of 4 seasons with one guy. Now, they might modify CCM for NCAA, and when you're done with your NCAA RTG guy you can move him to Madden, play with him until his career is over, then re-import him back into NCAA to serve as a coach. Similar to what Mike Vrabel did after he was done playing with the Chiefs.

I just can't see a world where even EA gets rid of the most popular part of one of their games. Being able to edit rosters is the reason NCAA is so popular, because everyone can make the team what they want. Madden can get rid of the editing of rosters because they have actual REAL players. I don't frequent the Madden boards very often, but I don't think there are thousands of players visiting them asking when correctly named rosters are going to be finished when the game is released.

I think this is just a 1-year thing for Madden because they couldn't think of a quick fix to include roster edits and have their new stuff work correctly. Same with getting rid of importing draft classes. I have a feeling they'll both be back next year and everyone is just going overboard like they did when they realized NCAA wasn't going to have RTP and assumed NCAA was just "half done".
You should visit the ROSTER section of Madden, NBA 2K, MLB 2K, FIFA and MLB The Show. It is quite HUGE with lots of people waiting for properly rated rosters with ALL the players on there.

Only people who stick to stock rosters are the ones who play online only. Custom rosters rated properly with all the rookies included is HOT.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #60
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
You should visit the ROSTER section of Madden, NBA 2K, MLB 2K, FIFA and MLB The Show. It is quite HUGE with lots of people waiting for properly rated rosters with ALL the players on there.

Only people who stick to stock rosters are the ones who play online only. Custom rosters rated properly with all the rookies included is HOT.
NCAA is a completely different beast. I have friends who NEVER go to gaming sites to get rosters EXCEPT for NCAA. For pete's sake, there are 500,000 views on just two topics in the NCAA roster section on OS.

Comparing just NCAA to Madden: Madden doesn't have NEAR the roster following that NCAA does. Not even close. That's why I don't think NCAA is getting rid of their editor. People used to actually pay real American dollars for correct NCAA rosters. I don't remember very many people (if any) doing that for Madden 2001.

MLB and NBA are completely different than NCAA and I don't think it's fair to compare those games to NCAA. People want full minor leagues/called up players ASAP and every NBA player with their correct shoes/hair/tats. Plus, those games aren't getting rid of their editors any time soon like Madden did.

I agree that people love their rosters for those games you listed, but there's not anywhere near the clamor for them each year like there are for NCAA. At least not in my opinion.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #61
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

[quote=erod328;2043759442]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3

I felt the same way as the both of you playing the demo. It's almost as if they played a game of madden with the new physics engine, and captured some of the animations from it to use in NCAA 12. Adding 400+ new catch animations could back up that theory.
Yeah, I noticed that as well. While it's not on par with the new physics engine, '13 looks a lot better during game play than '12 did.

In a broader sense, I'm glad that '13 did not get the new physics engine because I think there's going to be a lot of "bugs" (unnatural looking events such as movements where you'd be saying to yourself - "if that happened in real life that guy would have torn every ligament in his knee"). Next year we'll be getting the engine with a lot of issues fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #62
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Honestly I don't think you will ever see player edit leave NCAA. For two reasons

1) There would be so much backlash that sales would plummet. mot to mention they have already seen the backlash of Madden taking this feature away.

2) Even if NCAA matched Madden in this connected careers thing it would be pointless to draft players that just have numbers.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Honestly I don't think you will ever see player edit leave NCAA. For two reasons

1) There would be so much backlash that sales would plummet. mot to mention they have already seen the backlash of Madden taking this feature away.

2) Even if NCAA matched Madden in this connected careers thing it would be pointless to draft players that just have numbers.

Well, they already dealt with point #2 by taking out importing classes.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #64
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Well, they already dealt with point #2 by taking out importing classes.
That's my point the only reason for NCAA to add something like connected careers is to be able to then import draft classes.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »