Home

How will STUDIO UPDATES and Play Any Match live together??

This is a discussion on How will STUDIO UPDATES and Play Any Match live together?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
How will STUDIO UPDATES and Play Any Match live together??

I was wondering something after playing the demo....it seems like there are an awful lot of Studio Updates of scores around the league while your playing your game. But how will that impact the ability to play another game on the same weekly schedule if Studio Updates already play that game out with the CPU??

How is conflict resolved?

Lets say I plan on playing about 5 key matchups during a single week in my Franchise/Dynasty.....How will the CPU know NOT to Studio Update those games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFudge
I was wondering something after playing the demo....it seems like there are an awful lot of Studio Updates of scores around the league while your playing your game. But how will that impact the ability to play another game on the same weekly schedule if Studio Updates already play that game out with the CPU??

How is conflict resolved?

Lets say I plan on playing about 5 key matchups during a single week in my Franchise/Dynasty.....How will the CPU know NOT to Studio Update those games?
I hope if you play a key match up at 1pm then the studio update you see during you 8pm game will show they actually score and not make some score up.

And that's a good question I don't know but I would hate to see a studio update for a game and then go back and play the game.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: How will STUDIO UPDATES and Play Any Match live together??

That's a good point and what if you play one of the other games and then you start getting studio updates from your user game? nightmare.

I think we need one of those Dev chat thingys
Old 06-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

based on the track record of new features, i would expect this not to work very well
Old 06-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 17

Has anyone actually confirmed if the option to PLAY any game on the schedule is still in the game??......Considering what Madden pulled with their Franchise mode, it is quite possible that this has been removed as well?

I just dont see how Studio Updates and this would be able to coexist otherwise.....Unless, you were forced to SELECT all your PLAY NOW games from the weekly schedule before you actually play any of them and then the Studio Updates feature would remove them from their pool of updates IN GAME. This is the only logical way I can see it working.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #6
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
Has anyone actually confirmed if the option to PLAY any game on the schedule is still in the game??......Considering what Madden pulled with their Franchise mode, it is quite possible that this has been removed as well?

I just dont see how Studio Updates and this would be able to coexist otherwise.....Unless, you were forced to SELECT all your PLAY NOW games from the weekly schedule before you actually play any of them and then the Studio Updates feature would remove them from their pool of updates IN GAME. This is the only logical way I can see it working.
That is a very good question.

In the demo three games are set aside to be played by the user. Granted that was more for demo purposes, hopefully there's a way to tag games you don't want simmed in advance similar to how it was set up in last gen. Hopefully it's not a situation where only user controlled teams won't be simmed.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #7
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

I confirmed with Ben Haumiller a few weeks ago that the selecting of any game and watching it as cpu v cpu is still in there.

I asked the same question regarding the updates and how this would affect games you want to watch...his reply:

"To answer your question, you can still play any game in a given week. the games are all pre-simmed at the start of the week and the scores revealed to you as you play your game, but if you decide to play a game that’s CPU vs. CPU it will throw out the sim we did and keep the score from the game you played.

In order to keep the immersion up as best as possible, I would recommend playing the games in order of the time they are kicking off, that way you don’t get a spoiler alert of a game that’s coming up later in the day. You can still play an 8pm game before a noon game, you will just see the results of those noon/3:30 games during that 8pm game."

Hope that helps
Old 06-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 29

Thanks Ninjoid that is very good to hear. Wow it's actually like they put thought into how a new feature would impact an existing one that people enjoyed and made sure said feature wouldn't interfere with how people played their game. groundbreaking!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »