Home

NCAA Football 13 Will Not Include The University of South Alabama

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Will Not Include The University of South Alabama within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 13 Will Not Include The University of South Alabama

poor reserch and laziness on ea part anyone who keeps trck of football would have knopw they will be in playing this year
Old 06-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Evildoer
They're right on schedule. This is their final year of transition, in which they will play a full FBS schedule. This is also the exact same thing UTSA, TSU, and UMass are doing this season.
okay so your working theory here is that EA made those three teams and then instead of doing just one more they decided to go watch tv and eat potato chips? or else you just think the developers have some sort of personal vendetta against the Jags? neither of those are at all likely. If the answer was "EA is lazy" they wouldn't have made any of the teams as you said they're all in a transitional stage and no one would have really blamed them if they weren't included. Logic states that the one and only reason the Jags aren't in the game is because they failed to communicate it to the proper channels.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #75
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Look, the last few MCAA games have been lackluster, IMO. But that doesn't mean everything is EAs fault. USoA messed up, and this aren't in the game.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #76
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
This isn't something that will keep me from purchasing the game, but it really is just another example of laziness and incompetence on the part of EA in regard to this game. I would imagine that any true fan of college football as a whole, not just of one team, was aware that the University of South Alabama would be playing a full FBS schedule this year. The fact that EA is making a college football game, supposedly including all FBS schools, and they dropped the ball on this one is a bit pathetic. They seriously should scrap their "if it's in the game" slogan.
I disagree. I don't think EA is lazy. If they were lazy they wouldn't have added UMass and the other two new teams this year. I highly doubt EA went OUT OF THEIR WAY to just not include one team this year. Why would they do that? Do you really believe that the guys at EA were sitting there saying, "South Alabama? Who's that? They suck and we don't want them in our game!" I also doubt the employees at EA have a vendetta against South Alabama and that's why they left them out. Something obviously went wrong in the channels of communication with South Alabama and that's why they're not in the game this year.

EDIT:

Quote:
An EA Sports spokesperson told a South Alabama blog that "We did not receive confirmation that they were changing to a full FBS schedule this year until it was too late for inclusion in NCAA Football 13. South Alabama will be included in NCAA Football 14."

Last edited by BA2929; 06-15-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #77
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I disagree. I don't think EA is lazy. If they were lazy they wouldn't have added UMass and the other two new teams this year. I highly doubt EA went OUT OF THEIR WAY to just not include one team this year. Why would they do that? Do you really believe that the guys at EA were sitting there saying, "South Alabama? Who's that? They suck and we don't want them in our game!" I also doubt the employees at EA have a vendetta against South Alabama and that's why they left them out. Something obviously went wrong in the channels of communication with South Alabama and that's why they're not in the game this year.
No, I don't think that they left them out on purpose, or didn't put them in because they suck, or that they have a vendetta. What I'm saying is that EA probably had no idea that they were playing a FBS schedule this year and only commented on it now because it was called to their attention. Had they researched it a bit more, or even at all, they would have included them. Now next year's game will have a note saying, "FEATURNING ALL FBS TEAMS...INCLUDING THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH ALABAMA" like its some breakthrough.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #78
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
No, I don't think that they left them out on purpose, or didn't put them in because they suck, or that they have a vendetta. What I'm saying is that EA probably had no idea that they were playing a FBS schedule this year and only commented on it now because it was called to their attention. Had they researched it a bit more, or even at all, they would have included them. Now next year's game will have a note saying, "FEATURNING ALL FBS TEAMS...INCLUDING THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH ALABAMA" like its some breakthrough.
So you don't believe any of this blame falls on South Alabama? None whatsoever? You don't believe that EA didn't reach out to South Alabama to ask them directly that they were playing a full schedule this year and SA just failed to respond in time?

Seems more plausible to me than EA just being lazy because they didn't want to Google something.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 29

crques that's not very likely either. again your telling us they put in the research for the other schools, but when it got to South Alabama they essentially had zero clue. even though as has been stated this was in the works since 2009. I'm sorry these theories are just reaching.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #80
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

I really don't think adding UoSA will be a selling feature of 14.... Adding UTSA, TSt, and UMASS isn't a selling point in this one.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »