Home

NCAA 13 Facebook Poll...

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 Facebook Poll... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #9
Rookie

woodsmall12's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA 13 Facebook Poll...

Absolutely agree that the effort for putting together Heisman Challenge was a waste ... should have just tuned up RTG and made it Heisman ... heck that is prolly what they did anyways

Also, I do actually believe that Heisman mode in the poll will be low because its true, no one has played it ... well, they sampled it in the demo ... no one has even had a chance to dive into it to know what its all about ... and even when they do, I still think the numbers will be low ... then again, I didnt expect RTG to be that dang high and on their last podcast they mentioned that 65% of the users play RTG ... really???

And EA needs to take this poll to both the casual users and the hardcore gamers ... if you want a true assessment, then make sure you target everyone ... heck they could set up the poll through the game somehow ... then again, I am sure they already monitor all of this stuff ... it would be like counting number of kills on COD ... these stats are tracked on the regular so they know where to spend their dollars developing their game/business ... or do they?? lol
Old 06-15-2012, 11:10 PM   #10
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

^This. It's been beat to death on here. But the lack of competition gives us this. When people are asking for things back in the game from old gen games, that's never good. When they add things people don't want, they do it because they can, because College football fan wear their hearts on their sleeves, and we will buy the game for the love of the sport.

Also: Tim Dwight was the nastiest return man ever!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 11:31 PM   #11
Rookie

woodsmall12's Arena

OVR: 3

Wow ... coming from a Buckeye fan who had Ted Ginn Jr ... that is a great compliment ... good to see you have an appreciation for some good college football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2012, 12:34 AM   #12
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

I've been a Buckeye since birth, But I wore #6 in HS because on Tim Dwight. My brothers didn't care for it, but it was hard not to admire that guys talent.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:43 AM   #13
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Couple of things. I agree with you that it is a small sample size. But I would counter with two things. First, I think the facebook crowd is more in line with what EA's core demographic is which is the casual gamer. I don't see an NCAA dev popping up here and posting that poll. Second, which in my opinion goes to what I view as the fundamental problem with this mode. EA's core demographic has NO IDEA who half these players are.

I mean I'm 30 years old and I never saw Jim Plunket, Archie Griffin play college ball, and I can't remember them playing pro ball either. That is me a 30 year old. What about "kids" 15-20 years old. A 20 year old may have just been born when Charlie Ward won the Heisman. The players the mode feature and the EA's base don't mesh IMO.

But that is just my thoughts and you make some really good points, especially the small sample size.
In all honesty, I am a huge fan of both of those guys, despite never seeing them play other than old footage, but I can guarantee that I'm not at all interested in playing as them in this mode, and neither will any of the people who never have seen them play. The vast minority of gamers will actually be able to remember the playing days of Griffin and Plunkett, and yet that's what they're trying to build this mode around. Feels to me like they could have better used their resorces on something else, IMO.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:00 AM   #14
Rookie

TheRegan's Arena

OVR: 0

Geez look at the amount of people who voted for Head to Head Online games, why even keep that feature in the game? It's such a waste of resources and just takes up extra space, just like the Mascot game.
NCAA: Auburn/Whoever Bama's playing
NFL: New England Patriots
NBA: Boston Celtics/Whoever The Heat Are Playing
NHL: Boston Bruins
NASCAR: Kyle Busch/Not Jimmie/Not Junior
Old 06-17-2012, 01:50 AM   #15
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRegan
Geez look at the amount of people who voted for Head to Head Online games, why even keep that feature in the game? It's such a waste of resources and just takes up extra space, just like the Mascot game.
Well actually agree with this because I don't even play online much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2012, 02:18 AM   #16
Banned

LucasWVU's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRegan
Trust me, many people play ranked online matches. As hard as it is to believe, it is the reason why some people buy the game. Unfortunately, there is usually a glitch or two that ruins online gameplay.

NCAA '11 - Pump Fake Glitch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc3m3OyyPG4

NCAA '12 - HB Superman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuI3LkCa5bA

Also on both games there were disconnection glitches so that you couldn't lose and a bunch of cheesy plays, etc.

Now that I look at it, it is just pure frustration.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »