Home

#1 dissapointment in NCAA 13

This is a discussion on #1 dissapointment in NCAA 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #9
Banned

billsmafia13's Arena

OVR: 0
Small thing but big to me - I'm disappointed that NCAA hasn't added new throwing animations.

It's distracting how horrible the qb throwing animations are. They always bring their leg around like it's major league baseball. Basically every replay looks stupid, and every pass looks stupid.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #10
Pro

pjmoore 28's Arena

OVR: 12
As of right now, my biggest disappointment seems to be the new Heisman challenge. I feel that time could have been spent making the overall game better instead of that. Or at least have put in more recent players like I had read in another thread. I don't have anything against any of the older players but they honestly are just names to me. But getting the chance to play with reggie bush again or Vince young or something would have been cool in my opinion. And on the recruiting thing, I too agree that it is a major staple of college football in real life and will hopefully be a major staple of the game. It's the fact that every 4 years you have to find new players at positions to lead ur team instead of keeping the same QB for 12 years and winning multiple championships that has made NCAA a favorite to me over madden. My only slight gripe that I hope they looked into on recruiting was the dynamics of it. For example, if I am Florida and have won 3 straight championships, then every kid in Florida if not the US should want to attend in real life(ie alabama). But on previous games, in my experiences, it seemed like it had no real affect. Sure some players would want to attend he school but not to the drastic level like we do in real life like the kids on rivals.com or anything.

Check out my Podcast here
Old 06-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #11
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: #1 dissapointment in NCAA 13

Mine is simple.. the option.

I hate playing CPU option teams as they never run it correctly.

Maybe the retail product will change that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #12
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

It's a tie between the execution of the option and the entirety of Heisman mode. I quite honestly will not touch that mode and think the devs could have focused their times and resources on different aspects of the game, such as executing the option.

Nevertheless, the game this year is going to be a buy for me. I think the overhaul to recruiting is going to be a welcomed feature and I will certainly spend much more time with it because of their overhaul.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

That i have to spend countless hours editing players because it appears the default rosters will play like crap once again OUT OF THE BOX.

Take for example NBA 2K12 and MLB The Show....I don't even bother to post on those forums because those are sports games that I enjoy right out of the box. Yes i made a few tweaks to sliders but overall gameplay is so good I really have no reason to complain or post much about either game.

I just play them and enjoy my games.....

With NCAA and Madden it's always an adventure for me....before i can enjoy either game have to spend months tweaking or editing something. I just wish EA would focus on gameplay right out of the box for once.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #14
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
I don't want connected careers anywhere near NCAA at all.

Back on topic, I would say the biggest disappointment is it looks like the CPU won't be able to run a good triple option offense, and the damn DT issue has been pretty much untouched. Those are mine anyway. All the dynasty and OTF improvements are great
Old 06-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #15
Rookie

pj_28's Arena

OVR: 3

I think it is too early to say anything about gameplay being a dissapointment, the Demo is such a small sample size. But I am bummed that the rosters were not expanded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 3

Like Playmakers stated, I too am not all that thrilled of having to tweak like crazy at ratings to get solid gameplay. Spent months doing that on '11, and although it provided great play, I'm dreading it.

One thing I will be bummed about would be if they didn't implement the fatigue and injury sliders that are in Madden. Cranking up fatigue real high was a quick way to perform a "global edit" to EAs bloated ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »