Home

Sign this topic if you play "real football" online.

This is a discussion on Sign this topic if you play "real football" online. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2012, 01:04 AM   #73
Rookie

Ridgemont Fly's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Sign this topic if you play "real football" online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKnowledge
Which sucks for us Bama fans who have been playing with them ever since they were bad... Now we finally get the good team and we are cheesers lol
CO SIGN Ive been playing with LSU back before it was trendy
Old 06-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 3

signed XBL:ILL0can0 I do however always put my Stripping the Ball to Aggressive/ Go for the pick to Aggressive because I live and die by the blitz and overall I'm overly aggressive so I can get my offense back onto the field, run the ball,run the clock and win the T.O.P. battle. I usually play as Texas A&M or Wisconsin. Played a guy who was 5 levels ahead of me on XBL as the Aggies and he was killing me with Florida St. also a light-weight cheeser. Felt like I needed revenge after that game lost like 34-10, so played as the Badgers and shut him down at home. I was up 21-0 until he wanted to friendly quit, I reluctantly accepted his plea for mercy. I tried playing as SJSU online but my gameplan would never work because I would play against Oregon or some other A-ranked team and get the ball stripped when I try running the ball as SJSU.

Last edited by ILLocano; 06-20-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:59 PM   #75
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLocano
signed XBL:ILL0can0 I do however always put my Stripping the Ball to Aggressive/ Go for the pick to Aggressive because I live and die by the blitz and overall I'm overly aggressive so I can get my offense back onto the field, run the ball,run the clock and win the T.O.P. battle. I usually play as Texas A&M or Wisconsin. Played a guy who was 5 levels ahead of me on XBL as the Aggies and he was killing me with Florida St. also a light-weight cheeser. Felt like I needed revenge after that game lost like 34-10, so played as the Badgers and shut him down at home. I was up 21-0 until he wanted to friendly quit, I reluctantly accepted his plea for mercy. I tried playing as SJSU online but my gameplan would never work because I would play against Oregon or some other A-ranked team and get the ball stripped when I try running the ball as SJSU.
Usually, in whatever online dynasties Im in, that's considered cheesing. Just a tip
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 25
I lost all interest in online years ago. Just have too little time.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?05adl0
Old 06-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky3217
Usually, in whatever online dynasties Im in, that's considered cheesing. Just a tip

I was Texas A&M vs. Wisconsin online yesterday who was a major cheeser, I do believe in real life that there are Defensive Coordinators who will always tell their players to strip the ball whenever the opportunity arises. The person I played online did that weird Defensive exploit where all his guys shifted one way(no it wasn't crash left for the D-line). I did no such thing, only thing i'm guilty of is that those 3 TO decided later the outcome of the game(I won 28-21). I do remember the first game I played online yesterday, he was 20 levels higher than me(this is for XBL) and he did the whole nine yards when it came to cheesing.He was LSU and I was Wisconsin btw. Onside kicks, that Defensive line exploit, dropping back 20 yards before releasing the football,etc. I beat him by running the ball and when he did think he figured me out, I threw in some PA or do speed option out of shotgun to throw him off. He rage-quitted against me. The score was 17-0. In real life, I would always go for the strip personally. Also in real life, there was that one highschool coach who decided to onside kick for the majority of the game. Was sorta big news a year ago or so.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky3217

Maybe I'll end up messaging you when the game comes out so we can play a fair game.

What I mean by "real football" is:

1. I punt on fourth down, always (unless it's inches on their side of the field)
2. Field goals on fourth down deep in their zone
3. Only onside kick when I'm making a comeback in the fourth quarter
4. I go for a normal extra point (FG) unless I specifically need 2 points in the fourth quarter.

^^^I do all the things that the OP has said, if you played me online the only thing I would be guilty of to some that some say is considered cheesing(barely imo) is putting my tendency on AGG for stripping.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #79
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLocano
I'm sorry but, that is cheesing. The game is way to overpowering with this on. It's too easy to strip and it makes the DB very very unrealistically good. Plus there is no risk reward. Using any aggressive settings against another user is cheesing because is it broken and it takes no skill to be good using these settings. The thing is I love the idea of game planning, EA just needs to fix it.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #80
Rookie

real football= what can be done in real life. <<

Stripping the ball can be done in real life last time I checked. I run the ball majority of the time, I don't onside kick unless needed to, I certainly don't do any of those cheap exploits, I punt on 4th down unless if I'm on the opp 40 and it's 4th &1. Also, how would underdog teams in real life for instance let's say Eastern Michigan or a North Texas even get close to beating let's say an Ohio St. or a Bama. By trying to strip the ball/go for the pick every chance they get...if you are the underdog, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »