Home

NCAA Football 13 Screenshots (91 of Them)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Screenshots (91 of Them) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: NCAA Football 13 Screenshots (91 of Them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
....did none of the new uniforms make it in the game? Rutgers is in their old uniforms. This will suck royally if that's the case.
Seems like a big problem with EA lately.

Hopefully they step their game up and get some uniforms on DLC. For the third (or is it the fourth?) year in a row, they have failed to update Washington's home uniforms, despite people advising them of the changes in the uniform thread as well as sending the development team e-mails with pictures attached showing the new (well, they were new three or four years ago) home jerseys.

Pretty frustrating.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 12

Not really a fan of the lighting. They need to decide if it's supposed to be broadcast or in the stadium type of lighting. With the game being more like a broadcast with the ticker and ESPN updates I'd prefer the lighting to reflect that. Cameras tend filter out what HDR is trying to accomplish and you normally see a pretty even picture. This sounds weird but, the game is both too dark and too bright. And a tad bit washed out. I watched Oregon and FSU's spring games on ESPNU and EA did too much with the lighting and ended up washing out the colors.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #35
Rookie

gopherfan7815's Arena

OVR: 3

looks good, could use some more pics of Iowa though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #36
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

To the people saying that they have old players in the game, I truly believe EA will eventually be moving away from edited rosters because of the lawsuits and that's when they lose the hardcore fans, it might not come to happen but I have a strange feeling it is. They took the option out of madden to import players, I mean it's obvious we all know # 7 for USC is Matt Barkley and so do the courts and the lawyers so unless the NCAA figures out a way to make them semi pro athletes ( they won't they would lose too much money ) and use their likeness then this will be the situation every year.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:11 PM   #37
Banned

This game... It is truly a "Love/Hate" thing with me now and that's a shame because I used to love this game and it was the only guaranteed first day purchase for me. Now, for the first time, I am not so sure.

It just looks stale. The lighting looks bad, things looked washed out. Cosmetically, the game has not gotten a significant upgrade for quite some time. This isn't like other games that already look beautiful and don't need those aesthetic updates - this game has looked the same for a very long time.

Uniforms are a big deal to me. I haven't been quiet about this but the team I run with is Washington and I've been begging for their home jerseys to be updated for three years now. Three years. I didn't just sit on the sidelines and hope EA figured out that they needed updated, either. I sent e-mails to the Development Team with pictures showing the new jerseys. That was three years ago. I've seen screen shots where Washington is wearing the same home jerseys that they last wore in 2009. I am sorry, but that's just not acceptable to me and frankly, it pisses me off.

It's not just the uniforms... The game is littered with bugs that have been prevalent for at least a couple of years now. I just don't get it - we're still having features ripped away from us and we have yet to see features in the game that we're present in the last generation consoles. The game, to me, has simply taken steps back each year on the current consoles and it blows my mind.

This game has so much promise but sadly it continues to disappoint year after year. I am sure I will buy it because I love college football and the exclusive licenses have eliminated any competition that could exist. So, I continue to be a part of the problem by giving EA my $65 despite my overall feelings on the direction of the series. I just can't believe such little progress has been made from the first year the game was out on the new consoles to now - it doesn't give me much hope for future iterations of the game on the next consoles we'll be seeing.

This game is so stale, so disappointing. I never thought I would write a post like this about this game, because it has always been the one game that I couldn't go without. It was a huge part of my childhood and I always thought it would just get better and better.

That just hasn't been the case and it's a true shame.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #38
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
This game... It is truly a "Love/Hate" thing with me now and that's a shame because I used to love this game and it was the only guaranteed first day purchase for me. Now, for the first time, I am not so sure.

It just looks stale. The lighting looks bad, things looked washed out. Cosmetically, the game has not gotten a significant upgrade for quite some time. This isn't like other games that already look beautiful and don't need those aesthetic updates - this game has looked the same for a very long time.

Uniforms are a big deal to me. I haven't been quiet about this but the team I run with is Washington and I've been begging for their home jerseys to be updated for three years now. Three years. I didn't just sit on the sidelines and hope EA figured out that they needed updated, either. I sent e-mails to the Development Team with pictures showing the new jerseys. That was three years ago. I've seen screen shots where Washington is wearing the same home jerseys that they last wore in 2009. I am sorry, but that's just not acceptable to me and frankly, it pisses me off.

It's not just the uniforms... The game is littered with bugs that have been prevalent for at least a couple of years now. I just don't get it - we're still having features ripped away from us and we have yet to see features in the game that we're present in the last generation consoles. The game, to me, has simply taken steps back each year on the current consoles and it blows my mind.

This game has so much promise but sadly it continues to disappoint year after year. I am sure I will buy it because I love college football and the exclusive licenses have eliminated any competition that could exist. So, I continue to be a part of the problem by giving EA my $65 despite my overall feelings on the direction of the series. I just can't believe such little progress has been made from the first year the game was out on the new consoles to now - it doesn't give me much hope for future iterations of the game on the next consoles we'll be seeing.

This game is so stale, so disappointing. I never thought I would write a post like this about this game, because it has always been the one game that I couldn't go without. It was a huge part of my childhood and I always thought it would just get better and better.

That just hasn't been the case and it's a true shame.
I'm not going to defend EA, but the exclusive license has little to do with it at this point since it has expired. The startup cost for a NCAA or NFL game is so high that the only people can afford it make the game. EA has the profit to invest in it yearly because of the fact they make it currently. It would take a huge upfront cost to make a.game that won't show an immediate return. This is the problem.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
To the people saying that they have old players in the game, I truly believe EA will eventually be moving away from edited rosters because of the lawsuits and that's when they lose the hardcore fans, it might not come to happen but I have a strange feeling it is. They took the option out of madden to import players, I mean it's obvious we all know # 7 for USC is Matt Barkley and so do the courts and the lawyers so unless the NCAA figures out a way to make them semi pro athletes ( they won't they would lose too much money ) and use their likeness then this will be the situation every year.
I doubt it.

I could see EA completely randomizing the rosters to where no one could be recognized... But if they ever stripped away our ability to name and edit players, they would lose a huge part of their fan base. I realize we're probably in the minority but it would still be a hit for them that I don't think they could stomach... I could be wrong but it would seem if they completely randomized the rosters, they would be safe. What we as a community do after that to the rosters is on us.

Time will tell, though. I knew if it ever came to that, I would no longer be a buyer. I just can't play this game without edited rosters.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
I'm not going to defend EA, but the exclusive license has little to do with it at this point since it has expired. The startup cost for a NCAA or NFL game is so high that the only people can afford it make the game. EA has the profit to invest in it yearly because of the fact they make it currently. It would take a huge upfront cost to make a.game that won't show an immediate return. This is the problem.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, that makes sense. I didn't know that.

My point is not to slam EA but to rather speak up about the issues I have with the game. Like I said, I am sure I will still buy it because at the end of the football season, I know I will have gotten my money's worth out of it and maybe that's all I can ever expect.

I have just always thought this game could be on the same level as some of the greatest sports titles we've ever seen. When the current consoles originally came out, I truly thought the sky was the limit for this game and sadly it has been stuck in the mud ever since. That just continues to boggle my mind.

At the very least, I hope EA finds a way to get us updated uniforms through DLC - even if I have to pay a price to get updated uniforms. Having uniforms still present from three years back is something that simply can't be defended any longer. It takes away from the game from me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »