Home

NCAA Football 13 Screenshots (91 of Them)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Screenshots (91 of Them) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 13 Screenshots (91 of Them)

Its very clear that the NCAA team doesnt give a rats whoha about visual improvements
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
I don't mean to doubt the source of these screenshots, but is this really NCAA 13? Because the more I go through, the more I see players who shouldn't be there. It isn't anything do to with lawsuits, please stop using that as an excuse, it isn't the case. The players in some of these pictures are REAL, they just are guys that have graduated.

I mean one of the Nebraska pictures has Cody Green (#17) at quarterback, despite the fact that he transferred to Tulsa BEFORE last season (but was still on NCAA 12's default Nebraska rosters). #17 cannot possibly be anyone else, as Nebraska's backup is Brion Carnes (#15) who does not have a double number conflict.

I guess it has to be NCAA 13 because of some of the stadium changes people are seeing, but a number of these pictures are not NCAA 13 rosters. Which I don't understand because we've seen the updated rosters in the game already, so it seems fair to assume any new screenshots would be from that build with those current rosters.
Sadly, I think these screenshots are of NCAA Football 2013. I thought the same thing when I saw a screen of Washington in their old home uniforms. A big part of the game doesn't get updated.

I doubt a site like OS would mistakenly post 91 screenshots from last year's game.

It looks to me like the graphical side of things was left alone and the focus of this development cycle was Dynasty related issues. The models, equipment, lighting and uniforms ALL look the same. Aesthetically, this game got no love from the Development Team on this cycle, I think.

Outdated rosters are nothing new in these types of screen shots. I realize Cody Green was there two years ago, but I'm 99.9 percent sure these screens are of 2013.

Sad...
Old 06-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 3

First we ere given the horrible no editing news in Madden and now NCAA gives us 91 screens that might as well be from NCAA10.

To say these are a letdown is an understatement. What else do I have to say that hasn't been said already. No equipment updates in 3 years is completely unacceptable. The excitement I had 3 years ago when I saw the Vapor Jet screen shot in the long grass has llllllloooong since died off. I am a Nike guy and I feel bad for UA and Adidas schools. What a joke the art department has become.

Oh and call me whatever you want but if the Revo Speed 2 bar qb mask is not in the game...I am not buying this year.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:27 PM   #68
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
I thought that in one of the web casts Ben Hamburger said that all updated uniforms were in the game? I could be wrong. I think it was the dynasty one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #69
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Those Ankle socks are just killing me

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 06-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #70
Rookie

MSchneider84's Arena

OVR: 6

These guys really need to sit down and completely overhaul the visuals in this game. Player models are bad, equipment is dated, colors are washed out, uniforms are dated, ect.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #71
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
Sadly, I think these screenshots are of NCAA Football 2013. I thought the same thing when I saw a screen of Washington in their old home uniforms. A big part of the game doesn't get updated.

I doubt a site like OS would mistakenly post 91 screenshots from last year's game.

It looks to me like the graphical side of things was left alone and the focus of this development cycle was Dynasty related issues. The models, equipment, lighting and uniforms ALL look the same. Aesthetically, this game got no love from the Development Team on this cycle, I think.

Outdated rosters are nothing new in these types of screen shots. I realize Cody Green was there two years ago, but I'm 99.9 percent sure these screens are of 2013.

Sad...
It is sad that we have to ask the question year after year because everything always looks the same. I wouldn't mind so much if player models, equipment, lighting and uniforms all look the same if great strides were made in improving on the field play. But it seems like that wasn't necessarily the case.

I'm sure these are NCAA 13, there's no reason to doubt it, but the game looks exactly the same and a significant number of the guys in these pictures are graduated or elsewhere. Add in the fact that we were told new uniforms were in the game and absolutely NONE are featured on teams that should have them and this becomes just a weird situation.

EA has done a miserable jump with the media they've released this year. At least last year they did a good job of cherry picking the good things about the game. This year, most of the videos and pictures have been a let down. Gameplay videos show glitches or just terrible game play (the option video) and most of the pictures just draw attention to the horrible player models, lack of equipment, etc.

Shrug. We'll see soon enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
It is sad that we have to ask the question year after year because everything always looks the same. I wouldn't mind so much if player models, equipment, lighting and uniforms all look the same if great strides were made in improving on the field play. But it seems like that wasn't necessarily the case.

I'm sure these are NCAA 13, there's no reason to doubt it, but the game looks exactly the same and a significant number of the guys in these pictures are graduated or elsewhere. Add in the fact that we were told new uniforms were in the game and absolutely NONE are featured on teams that should have them and this becomes just a weird situation.

EA has done a miserable jump with the media they've released this year. At least last year they did a good job of cherry picking the good things about the game. This year, most of the videos and pictures have been a let down. Gameplay videos show glitches or just terrible game play (the option video) and most of the pictures just draw attention to the horrible player models, lack of equipment, etc.

Shrug. We'll see soon enough.
There are games out there that can get by from year to year without updating the visuals. A few tweaks here and there over a few days and the art department is done - but NCAA is not one of those games. It needs significant improvement. I don't think the player models are terrible, but the outdated equipment, uniforms and lighting system is. It needed some love and judging from these screenshots and the demo, little to no time was spent on that. This is college football, a sport that our nation loves, so that's a shame. I always thought this game could be EA's cash cow but apparently they do not feel the same way.

I am trying to be as constructive as I can but sometimes it's tough to do. There is very little interaction with the Developers so it feels like we're all just talking to each other so negative venting is going to win out most of the time.

I am now a proponent of the two-year cycle for these games. I never was before but obviously, a year is not enough time to create a big enough difference from one development cycle to the next. This isn't a game that can skate by on their previous year's game by adding some nice touches to the next year's version - so much of this game needs a vast overhaul.

I'd be good with EA taking a break for a year and getting this game where it deserves to be. Because right now, it's a long ways off. I am a long time, dedicated fan of this game - I've bought it every single year without fail since it's inception in 1997 or so. For me to say things like this speaks volumes to me because this has been the one game that despite the flaws, I always loved and enjoyed but that's starting to fade.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »