Home

Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #4 Scouting Gems and Busts

This is a discussion on Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #4 Scouting Gems and Busts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #33
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #4 Scouting Gems and Busts

Showing OVR is only a bad thing if Progression is still how it has been for a while ... and players progress pretty much at the same pace as every other player. If progression was more dynamic (which I haven't read one way or the other) ... then it wouldn't matter whether you could see the OVR during scouting, or not.

Dynamic Progression would add yet another layer to this. You could find a "Gem" during scouting, and that player end up only gaining a point or two over his career. Or you could sign a "Bust" that ends up progressing like crazy over his career ... and everything in-between.

Something to look at for next year, if it's not in there this year.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Old 06-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #34
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3
The best part about this new is addition is simple: 2 and 3 star players can now be awesome players which happens in real life all the time. In every ncaa football game before, 4 and 5 star players were your only legit talents. Not anymore. This is the reason why the best schools happen to have as many 3 stars than 4 stars. They see little things that make them think that player can be something special. This will make dynasty mode that much more fun for me.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:50 PM   #35
Rookie

Army801st's Arena

OVR: 1
I think this is where if you're a hardcore fan or just casual fan, but what might happen if you create a player, does that make it a better chance of really wanting to create a bunch of 5 star players and then go out and hope to scout/recruit the 3 and 4 star player
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #36
Rookie

pj_28's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #4 Scouting Gems and Busts

Like the article says this places an emphasis on recruiting deep classes, that would be a lot easier if they expanded the roster for us. But that is beside the point, I love the idea of having busts and gems for this game. It should make the battle for OD recruits that much more fun as you don't know if fighting for the "#1" QB is really your best bet or if you should go after someone else.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #37
Rookie

Allpro1414's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasWVU
This is my favorite add from NCAA this year. Im curious to see how it works out.
I agree this will change everything about recruiting and could cause many smaller scools to rise up with one unexpectedly good recruiting class and vise versa for bigger schools.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 25
In all past NCAAs I have had equal success both manually scouting players and have the CPU do it. In 12 I had the #1 recruiting class 3 yrs in a row just by letting the CPU handle things.

This makes me hopeful about the new scouting. I actually WANT to scout now. I never saw it as beneficial before.... At all.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?sm3rae
Old 06-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #39
Rookie

balljonesjr's Arena

OVR: 8
I haven't had a chance to read all of the comments on this post but I'm curious to know if I'm the only person out here wondering if a player turns out to be a bust could you still play him and his rating raises to his original potential. Like when he's a jr or sr just wondering
Old 06-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan1993
This has the potential to be a fantastic addition, but I want to see how it is done. I am concerned the CPU will "know" the gems and busts, and thus indicate who they are by having the CPU recruit players they should/shouldn't given their respective star ratings.

I.E. FSU, Bama, USC, OU, etc recruits a 1 star QB; or nobody but bottom tier Sun belt schools recruiting a 5 star QB.

If that doesn't happen this will be a welcomed addition.
Sounds like a great addition but I'm wondering about the omniscient CPU also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »