Home

Come late August...we will be complaining about something else.

This is a discussion on Come late August...we will be complaining about something else. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #9
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
but they have me by the balls b/c i love college football and they are the only game in town.
No, they don't.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:00 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Come late August...we will be complaining about something else.

Not trying to ruffle any feathers here, but this is why I'm glad I'm a glass half full kind of guy.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
No, they don't.
They really do if you are a huge fan of CFB as well as a gamer. What else would give you your fix?

And do not say: not play a football game...

This game bridges the Summer gap for CFB fans and hopefully keeps them entertained until the start of the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
maybe we as a consumer base are tired of the ncaa team providing us w/ a mediocre product year after year after year. ncaa has been crap since it launched on the new gen systems, but they have me by the balls b/c i love college football and they are the only game in town. i've played the demo twice- that's how excited i am.
Then don't buy NCAA Football 2013, or at the very least, rent it first.

I have been guilty of this too, so I am not coming down on you. I have complained about this game in the past but I continue to buy the game - not because it's the only game in town, but because despite its flaws, I get my money's worth out of it every single year on the hours I spend playing it.

It's far from perfect and there are apparent flaws, but as consumers maybe we need to stop playing the victim card at every turn and realize that we don't HAVE to fork over $60+ on a product that we don't feel deserves it.

I will buy it, because I will get my money's worth... But I'm done playing the victim card. It's a video game and it will never live up to the expectations that I've set in my head.

Us continually buying the game and then complaining about what a waste it was is not EA's fault. It's your fault for not being a wise consumer. Same applies to me if I buy the game and hate it without testing it out first.

Basically, we need to stop acting like we don't have a choice.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKnowledge
They really do if you are a huge fan of CFB as well as a gamer. What else would give you your fix?

And do not say: not play a football game...

This game bridges the Summer gap for CFB fans and hopefully keeps them entertained until the start of the season.
NOT PLAY A FOOTBALL GAME! I said it, and it's a viable and logical answer to your question. I have friends that love college football and play video games, but they don't buy the game because they flat out don't like it and don't believe it's worth the price tag.

Seriously, if the game is that bad in the mind of a lot of you, the game is not worth the $60 purchase. It might be worth a $6 rental to test the game out, but there's not a gun to any of our heads to buy the game.

That's playing the victim card when everyone has a choice.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:42 AM   #14
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

If you don't feel the game is worth your money, don't buy it. If you need "a fix" that badly then you should probably reevaluate some of the choices you've made in your life.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #15
Banned

Case in point, and not to pat myself on the back, but...

...I love the NFL. It's my favorite sport in the world. The Seattle Seahawks are probably my most favorite team in any sport. I quit buying Madden about five years ago because the game just wasn't enjoyable to me. I have played it sparingly over the past five years, but have not spent a dollar on the title since 2006.

If NCAA Football was as unplayable to me as Madden has been, I know I wouldn't buy it. I don't need a 'fix.' If the product is not worth my money, then it's not worth my money. End of story. I can find other things to occupy my time with rather than spending precious hours playing a game that pisses me off and just makes me angry to the point where I come on a message board and relentlessly bash a company and their product on a consistent basis.

I don't say this to make anyone mad, but the excuses for people having no power or control over handing their money away carelessly to something that doesn't bring them any joy is getting old. More than that, it's flat out pathetic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #16
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

just b/c the game is crap (relatively speaking) doesn't mean i don't enjoy aspects of it. despite the mediocrity of the product, i still enjoy playing od's with the same dudes i've been playing dynasties w/ for like 10 years, so i will still get it. the fun of that outweighs the less than stellar game, so for me, it is $60 ($45 this year!) well spent. and i don't bitch/moan about this game a lot, b/c it is just a video game and ea is gonna do what they do w/ or w/o me.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »