Home

Come late August...we will be complaining about something else.

This is a discussion on Come late August...we will be complaining about something else. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Come late August...we will be complaining about something else.

Lets face it...

We will never be a happy audience. Should we be? Absolutely! But every year we go through this. We talk about how great the improvements are and how THIS game will be much better than the one before it. 60 - 90 days later, the discussion will switch to how things within the game are broken and how NCAA 12 was better than 13, etc.

I've just come to the conclusion that its best to just pick one (11, 12, 13) and stick with it. Be happy. There is SOOOO much hype around this game every year. But the result is always the same. No matter what "improvements" they make, its never the right improvements.

Good for you if you support EA and believe that this game is everything you expected it to be.

I'm trying out a new approach this year. I'm sticking with 12. I'm going to see if I can avoid the hype and simply enjoy the game. I'm trying NOT to be an impulse buyer but a smart buyer. That's just me.

Lata
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Come late August...we will be complaining about something else.

Yep, it is pretty much an annual cycle with every sports game around here. Although it seems as though there is more pessimism at this stage (1 month before release) than there usually is. But that might just be my perception??? I seem to recall a completely different vibe 9 years ago when we were waiting for '04 to come out.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
That's some very good insight, coach Sherman. How's Tannehill looking?
Old 06-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 19

Typically, the complaining lasts until the second patch drops, or at least late September. By then, the rest of the big titles of the season (Madden, NHL, NBA2K, FIFA) are out to offer a distraction. This year NCAA 13 faced skeptics, saw a major pre-order deal from Amazon, faced a problem with the Infinity engine not being included, and the game isn't even out yet.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Do we really need another one of these "I'm not going to buy '13" threads?
Old 06-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I havn't been excited for this years version anyway, NCAA 12 dynasty bugs were so bad for me that it was a broken game for me. All I hope for this year is the game actually works, because they sure didn't add alot of content.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike sherman
Lets face it...

We will never be a happy audience. Should we be? Absolutely! But every year we go through this. We talk about how great the improvements are and how THIS game will be much better than the one before it. 60 - 90 days later, the discussion will switch to how things within the game are broken and how NCAA 12 was better than 13, etc.

I've just come to the conclusion that its best to just pick one (11, 12, 13) and stick with it. Be happy. There is SOOOO much hype around this game every year. But the result is always the same. No matter what "improvements" they make, its never the right improvements.

Good for you if you support EA and believe that this game is everything you expected it to be.

I'm trying out a new approach this year. I'm sticking with 12. I'm going to see if I can avoid the hype and simply enjoy the game. I'm trying NOT to be an impulse buyer but a smart buyer. That's just me.

Lata

I could not agree with your post more man except for the part where you will stick with 12. My copy of NCAA goes back to gamestop 2 weeks after release date to go towards Madden then that goes back 2 weeks later to go towards 2k. The fact is I have to compare it to the SHow becuz I am equally a baseball and football fan and I play the show all year and the two football games for 2 weeks each. The math shows the replayability is just not there with EA games.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #8
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Yep, it is pretty much an annual cycle with every sports game around here. Although it seems as though there is more pessimism at this stage (1 month before release) than there usually is. But that might just be my perception??? I seem to recall a completely different vibe 9 years ago when we were waiting for '04 to come out.
maybe we as a consumer base are tired of the ncaa team providing us w/ a mediocre product year after year after year. ncaa has been crap since it launched on the new gen systems, but they have me by the balls b/c i love college football and they are the only game in town. i've played the demo twice- that's how excited i am.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »