Home

Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #2 Phone Calls Are Back!

This is a discussion on Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #2 Phone Calls Are Back! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #49
Rookie

Army801st's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tical2399
I'm gonna take it a bit (or alot) further than most and say EA should stop doing what they thought would be a good idea because they are obviously bad at it. You say they changed it to begin with because they though it would be a good idea.

That's the problem we're letting non hardcore football fans (if they're fans at all) decide what would be good in a football game. If you ask me the dev team should have zero say so in the features of the game.

They should only be there for the technical stuff like coding, art, sound etc. ALL gameplay features should come directly from posters. Posters are usually the most passionate and follow the game on the field and off and in season and off season as such they would know what the game should and should not have.

So the dev cycle starts with a blank slate, head of EA sports goes to the hardcore community NOT the game changers or site runners (aka EA yes men) and ask what do you want in the game.

The community responds over a few weeks or a month or so. The head goes to the devs and says the fans want this and that (maybe 5-10 most requested for time constraints) and they are tasked with making it work technically.

Again this is only a problem because the devs either don't know much about football or are not passionate about it. When I say passionate they are not following recruiting and signing day and whose transferring, whose in position battles. There not digging up info on JC players and being excited about them coming to your school.

Hardcore fans do this kinda thing because they care. Football as a whole is important to them even though they may favor one team over another. If the devs don't have this level of passion they shouldn't coming up with ideas for the games. Let the hardcore fans pitch ideas and let the devs implement those ideas.

Look at it this way. I don't watch hockey, I find it boring I don't know anything about it other than there are 3 periods, goals are worth 1 point and you are allowed to fight. Knowing my lack of interest and understanding of the game, does anybody think it would be a good idea for me to work on NHL making suggestions to improve gameplay?

I hope the answer is no. So why do we put up with these guys with seemingly the same lack of passion and understanding making NCAA and Madden?
You do realize that alot of these guys actually used to play right or are you just here to cry about something clearly you have no interest in!!
Old 06-26-2012, 12:21 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 0
Does this mean we'll be able to talk longer than just an hour? I liked that back in 09 and the ability to offer a scholarship during a quick call
Old 06-26-2012, 01:17 AM   #51
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Five Reasons to Be Excited for NCAA 13: #2 Phone Calls Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuduo
Does this mean we'll be able to talk longer than just an hour? I liked that back in 09 and the ability to offer a scholarship during a quick call
No. Scouting is capped at 1 hour per recruit and recruiting is still capped at 1 hour per recruit.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2012, 01:36 AM   #52
Pro

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
No. Scouting is capped at 1 hour per recruit and recruiting is still capped at 1 hour per recruit.
Boo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 01:54 AM   #53
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

I won't mention any names so as to not insult anyone or make anyone feel that I am calling them out specifically, but I will say that I cannot fathom how anyone could possibly be "okay" w/ the Roulette System of recruiting.

Is this real? No. Does this happen in the real world? No. Then... how can anyone be for it or - God forbid - actually claim they'll miss it???

I'll give you a great example of why having phone calls back is great and eliminating that crappy roulette wheel is a great thing...

Last year in my off-line dynasty I was recruiting a 5-star WR... I was a small school but I throw the heck out of the ball, and so naturally, my first pitch to the kid - in real life - would have been Playing Time.

Yet, thanks to the Roulette Wheel, the Playing Time pitch didn't pop up until week 9!!! Week freaking NINE!!!

Yeah... that's realistic. About as realistic as a kid who has Academics as a Low on the interest meter being brought up every freaking week!

Thank God the phone calls are back and the RW is G-O-N-E!!!

Old 06-26-2012, 03:26 AM   #54
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I won't mention any names so as to not insult anyone or make anyone feel that I am calling them out specifically, but I will say that I cannot fathom how anyone could possibly be "okay" w/ the Roulette System of recruiting.

Is this real? No. Does this happen in the real world? No. Then... how can anyone be for it or - God forbid - actually claim they'll miss it???

I'll give you a great example of why having phone calls back is great and eliminating that crappy roulette wheel is a great thing...

Last year in my off-line dynasty I was recruiting a 5-star WR... I was a small school but I throw the heck out of the ball, and so naturally, my first pitch to the kid - in real life - would have been Playing Time.

Yet, thanks to the Roulette Wheel, the Playing Time pitch didn't pop up until week 9!!! Week freaking NINE!!!

Yeah... that's realistic. About as realistic as a kid who has Academics as a Low on the interest meter being brought up every freaking week!

I preferred the roulette style a lot more to what we had previously.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 06-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #55
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death

So what you're saying is that the roulette wheel was about as realistic as a 5* WR going to a small school?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #56
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
So what you're saying is that the roulette wheel was about as realistic as a 5* WR going to a small school?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
I'm guessing he didn't land the kid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »