Home

how do you typically scedule?

This is a discussion on how do you typically scedule? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #33
Rookie

SHSMoss30's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: how do you typically scedule?

This is how I have done it the past few years and will probably continue to do it the same way this year:

I always schedule two games against my previous two bowl opponents (assuming I have been to bowls the previous two years.)
-Example: I usually play as Mississippi State so I would schedule Michigan (2010-2011 Gator Bowl) and Wake Forest (2011-2012 Music City Bowl). The winner of the bowl game gets to be the home team the first year and then the away team the second year. So in this case I would go to Michigan and host Wake Forest this season. Next year Michigan would rotate off the schedule and if I make it to a bowl game that team will rotate on next season.

For the other two games I like to schedule a home&away with a ranked team, so I would choose someone like #14 Clemson. I usually play at their place the first year. For the last non-conference game I try to pick a lower-tier team from somewhere in the southeast US to host with no-return trip the following year. (Ex: Louisiana Tech, Memphis, UAB)

If I know that Mississippi State has a future series scheduled in real-life (playing Southern Miss at home in 2014 and there in 2015) I usually sub it for one of the final two teams based on the caliber of the team at the time I make that year's schedule. For instance, if Southern Miss is ranked going into the 2014 season then I'll play them and another lower-tier school that season.

Sorry if this was confusing.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 8

Just tried this with my latest Notre Dame DC dynasty...I used the "Random" option in the first year. It wasn't until I was 4-5 weeks in that I realized that it randomized other teams' schedules too. Or maybe it was just that I got randomly scheduled with teams that were already scheduled to play someone else. Either way it was kinda cool to see some of the matchups that got scheduled. Things like USC-Florida, Iowa-Texas, and a few others were fun to shake things up. They weren't necessarily realistic matchups but I think I followed other games in the dynasty more than I have in any other year.

So, to answer your schedule, I think I'll go with Random from now on. Of course, I'll "re-random" it if I absolutely hate the schedule.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I usually try to schedule all 4 FCS teams, if not FAU, Arkon, Idaho, or New Mexico. I feel it is challenging.

But, on a serious note. I try to schedule non-conference depending on my team(ex, If I am good, then I try to face similar teams). I also like to face certain offenses(like no-huddle spread, option) to see how my defense is able to handle them in case I face a similar offense in a bowl game or later in season so I can make adjustments in playcalling or players. I also like going against great players. So if a QB/RB/WR has a great season or a good recruit, I like to see if my defense can stop them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

I start out as Oregon State, so I play all their future scheduled games they'll have in real life. Once I win a national championship with them, which I swear has taken exactly 4 seasons every version of the game since 09 then I leave for some bad team, and if they have scheduled games that far, I play those, or fill them in with previously schedule opponents. Once I run out, I would start with their 2011 schedule, and start going backwards. I hate that 1-AA teams are so horrible in the game, but I still play them because it's realistic and it gets the backups some time.

If the number of OOC games has changed, I tend to fill in any extras with any school where one of my players transferred, and I try to remove his head, then I play a school that beat me out for a recruit...and I try to remove his head as well.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #37
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I'll usually start the season out with a really, really bad team at home. Just as a sort of "pre-season" game so I can get the feel of my new guys. Then I'll schedule a mid-ranked team or a few schools that I don't normally play in NCAA. It's usually just random who I pick. If I'm ranked in the top 5, I'll only schedule ranked teams after my first cupcake game.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #38
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

I like to take road trips to a lot of teams (Usually 2 home games, 2 road games). I try for a new team each time, to check out assorted stadiums.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 06-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #39
Rookie

bucsman80's Arena

OVR: 2

The schedule can we add a team builder team in place of FCS team on the schedule. Florida State play Murray St. in season opener, if created murray st. in teambuilder could i do it. Im just wonder it would be nice to do...
Old 06-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #40
Rookie

SHSMoss30's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucsman80
The schedule can we add a team builder team in place of FCS team on the schedule. Florida State play Murray St. in season opener, if created murray st. in teambuilder could i do it. Im just wonder it would be nice to do...
You can add Murray State but you'd have to sub them in for an actual FBS school.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »