Home

Question about the ESPN score ticker...

This is a discussion on Question about the ESPN score ticker... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Question about the ESPN score ticker...

Sort of long.

One of the things I like to do with my dynasty is play several matchups a week. Not to cheat and help a certain team win/lose, but because I like experiencing the games from all around the nation.

So one week I play SEC matchups and the next week I play Big 12, and so forth.

I read somewhere that you will still be able to play all of the Dynasty games you want, but my question is will those scores show up in the ticker?

For example.

Say there are three 3:30 games I want to play for the week of September 8.

Georgia at Missouri
Washington at LSU
Purdue at Notre Dame

Let's say I play the Georgia and Missouri game first and win with Gerogia 31-7. During 2nd quarter of that game, I rattled off three unanswered touchdowns to take a halftime lead of 21-0.

After I play that game, I go to play the Washington and LSU game that takes place at the same time frame of 3:30. While I am in the second quarter of that game, will the ESPN ticker (priority update since it's an SEC game) show that Georgia is leading Missouri 7-0, and then 14-0, and then 21-0?

I get the feeling that the game wouldn't do an in-studio update but that's fine. I'm just curious if the game's progression will actually show on the ticker.

Let's say I control Washington and beat number 1 ranked LSU 17-16.

When I go to play Purdue vs Notre Dame, will the ticker show upset alert and highlight the number 1 team in the country going down?

Conventional wisdom tells me that user games show up in the ticker at all, or if they do, it will just be final scores. Mostly because if I play the game on 5 minute quarters, it might be difficult to scale that to 15 minute quarters for the ticker.

I could be wrong, which is why I am asking. I think it would be pretty cool if the games you play actually update in the ticker along with the cpu/simulated games.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 06-26-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
Rookie

Lawdawg25's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Question about the ESPN score ticker...

It should work the first way you said it where the 1st game's scores would show up as your 2nd game progressed. Knowing EA however, they probably did a half-way job and have it where user-played games wont show up at all. Even if Texas State were to upset Texas.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #3
Rookie

SanDiegoTrojans's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdawg25
It should work the first way you said it where the 1st game's scores would show up as your 2nd game progressed. Knowing EA however, they probably did a half-way job and have it where user-played games wont show up at all. Even if Texas State were to upset Texas.
I really want to see User scores on the ticker.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

they probably did a half-way job and have it where user-played games wont show up at all.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:34 AM   #5
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

I have a feeling that with this new ticker, you won't be able to play but one game per time slot. Aren't they suppose to update scores according to time slots when you are playing one game?....Meaning they are simming the other games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
I have a feeling that with this new ticker, you won't be able to play but one game per time slot. Aren't they suppose to update scores according to time slots when you are playing one game?....Meaning they are simming the other games.
I read somewhere that you can still play any amount of games you want and that you don't have to keep the simmed scores from the ticker.

Would like to get clarity from someone who has tested the game or a dev.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:41 PM   #7
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Here's how it will work:

Games are simmed at the start of the week. If you play a game, your score replaces the simmed score. It will appear in the ticker updates. You can play games after your game, but then the ticker will be wrong.

Ex.
A vs B 12:00
C vs D 2:00
E vs F 8:00

You play the C vs D game, with C winning 42-0, and see A beats B 24-17. YOu can then go back and play the A vs B game, and make it so B wins 35-10. You might also see a few updates from the C vs D game, with C dominating. Then, while playing the E vs F game, it will show B beat A 35-10, and C beats D 42-0.

Hope that was understandable.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #8
Pro

thbends's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
That is what I was about to say. I bet the more likely situation would be you would play the first 3pm game and get game updates on the games you still plan to play but the computer sims. The question is will those game still be playable after you play your first game.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »