Home

Well, it is this time of year again.... 2012 edition

This is a discussion on Well, it is this time of year again.... 2012 edition within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #17
Rookie

Lawdawg25's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Well, it is this time of year again.... 2012 edition

Wasn't excited at first, but after playing the demo and pre-ordering for only $45, I'm pumped as usual. Just glad it's coming out the 2nd week of July instead of the 3rd week like it does some years.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #18
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

pretty excited, like I am every year.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #19
Rookie

marxshut's Arena

OVR: 5

I'll buy the game, but not right away. Just remember that dynasty settings won't be able to be finalized for at least 2 patches so probably sometime around late August, early September. No need to rush out and buy a game that you can't fine tune until it's been beta tested by users in the first 6-8 weeks after it's release.

I'm not saying it will be a bad game, but if there is one thing I think we can all agree on is that you won't be able to set up a dynasty with good gameplay sliders until they finish tweaking the inevitable gameplay flaws and this won't happen for 6-8 weeks after release.

My problem is that this is now the norm with this game and I'm just not excited to get a beta version on release date. I think the only way to make EA rethink their strategy is to not buy the game within the first week or so of release. But that's a personal decision, as I realize there is still a lot of fun people can have with the game. I just feel it's not good customer service by EA to continually release a product in this state year after year, so I won't be buying it within the first month of release.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #20
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

excited and can't wait! this is a great time of year, it's a good feeling to have, and it's fun to look forward to.

so many years of doing this, the little personal traditions. this is going to be a great season for building a team with all the dynasty changes.

yesterday i purchased season ticket so i could get the game early, but wondering now if i did myself a bit of a disservice. it goes against what i've been doing for soooo long, and sometimes waiting makes everything more anticipated.

see my sig.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #21
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I'll rent it and see what the final product has to offer, but it looks like I'll be skipping again this year. There's still just too much wrong with the gameplay for me to get much enjoyment of it. The game is getting better, but it still has a little ways to go to get me back on board.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #22
Rookie

sub9er's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm excited this time every year! just hope they can fix the uniform degradation this year
Old 06-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #23
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

I have to admit, part of it is I am tired of EA. It just seems like they promote the lazy work that goes on. Like someone said earlier, it is tiresome to beta test a game and then wait until after Madden is out to get a workable game.

But keep them coming people, I am interested to see what the consensus is!

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

I plan to go on vacation so you guys can beta test it and tell me if its worth it when I get back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »