Home

Is NCAA 13 really worth $60?

This is a discussion on Is NCAA 13 really worth $60? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #25
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Is NCAA 13 really worth $60?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
plus the millions in dollars they pay out in fees to the schools and conferences. The website that connects to the OD's and their upkeep and future techs that will be incorporated like the new engine which im so glad they are waiting a year to add to ncaa. they can get all the probs fixed in Madden since Ive never seen a new EA feature work year one.
valid point, i didn't even consider.

SOLD: $7.89

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #26
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

$60 retail is outrageous for any annual release sports titles.

What sports titles generally amount to is, on a good year, 2 $20 DLC packs and a patch. On a bad year, its just a patch.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #27
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
$60 retail is outrageous for any annual release sports titles.

What sports titles generally amount to is, on a good year, 2 $20 DLC packs and a patch. On a bad year, its just a patch.
Didnt we pay $50 bucks last gen?

inflation in video game is a very minimal compared to other things in real life. look at gas since last gen. the game has stayed the same price since 08. if you want DLC for a yearly release you can expect very minimal upgrades year to year and very little support. plus they keep a full time staff for this game. Football has to be one of the hardest games to program. its not like soccer where everyone just runs, kicks and dribbles at different speeds and levels. you have to run, catch, pass, block tackle, press, cover, get off blocks etc. and all on going on at same time, then balance this with each side of ball. look at the other football games that have comeout on this gen. None have been close to the EA stuff, even everyone precious 2k's football game was garbage in comparison and is why they backed off when it wasnt recieved well.

I do agree that if you guys want it to change then the sells will have to be low enough that the do change. But i know that the new head guys mentioned he would like to go to a every other year system with sports games but we wont see that till next gen when they can better support one game for two years.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 3

It's worth the 45 that I'm throwing at it this year.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #29
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
If I had to throw the full $60 at it I would maybe think twice but I jumped on the amazon preorder deal so it's well worth it for me.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #30
Rookie

thehoagster07's Arena

OVR: 0

Here's how I rationalize spending $45 on NCAA 13 (or even $60):

I go to the movies every so often. For $10 or so give or take, I watch a 2 hour flick. That's 5 bucks an hour.

Sometimes, I buy a book and read it. My last purchase, Out of My League by Dirk Hayhurst, cost me about $16 and took me about 8 hours to read. 2 dollars an hour.

I bought Battlefield 3 (and am admittedly not a huge gamer outside of sports games) for $40. Played it for about 20 hours. 2 dollars an hour.

I will play this game for at least 100 hours. At $46 ($45 plus 99 cent day of release shipping), that's 46 cents per hour. To me, that's worth it, even if the updates in the game aren't fantastic.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 2

what is the triple athletes that was mentioned earlier?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #32
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I won't even count play now games or anything like that in my reasoning. For '12, I played 1 offline and 1 online dynasty.

In my offline I played 149 games. In my online I played 149 (and still counting) for a total of 298 games. At an hour per game, yeah, I'd say I got waaaaaay more than my money's worth. Everything I've seen about '13 makes me think it'll kick '12's butt so I know I'll get waaaaay more than my money's worth from '13.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »