Home

For all the long time NCAA'ers

This is a discussion on For all the long time NCAA'ers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #17
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: For all the long time NCAA'ers

"The more I play the louder I hear ebay calling my name. Just too many little things adding up to take away from my enjoyment. The messed up stats, ease of running, screwed up sim scores, bowl selection joke, super vertical jump linebackers, lack of midrange/shortrange passing game, ridiculous drops, cheap secondary recovery, etc.......but the one that is bothering me the most is the fact that the game is 5 years old (calling Chris Weinke). This series is really, really due for a next gen makeover."
thelwig14 2005
Old 06-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #18
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6

Revisionist History 101

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Old 06-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #19
Rookie

Hoosier83's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I'm always afraid to scout b/c that's points I could be using recurring guys. How do you go about recruiting? You made add another element to this game for me
In season recruiting is always way tougher for me because you have to wait for them to trim their list down before you see their potential and discipline. So I check what positions I need and add them. Once they trim their list you can generally see what they have to offer. If they have anything lower than average discipline I quit recruiting them and give their points to someone else to avoid problems later. Most of those guys seem to only have average potential anyways and I only ever seem to get 1 or 2 of the in season recruits.

In off season recruiting I always start with my state and who's interested. Scouting in state takes 4? (hardly any) out of roughly 138 points. When you scout them you move up their list, maybe not as much as a full blown pitch, but you still move up. So basically I spend the first week of off season recruiting scouting what I need, and any area's where my team is weak. Once I find the 5-7 guys with above average potential and good or above discipline i start to actually pitch like crazy to them. After I get them I start filling in the holes later with the lower guys who you can scout and since they're not as good you generally move up their board very fast.

I try to pull 5-7 guys with good potential out of off season, if I do, I'm happy. The rest kind of fall into line. I love going deep into the recruiting, it's so much better than 12. Wait til you see the guy that has 4.16 speed and A+ hands good potential and average discipline, then he commits!!! Then he shows up on signing day with a DNQ on though his interest level! The recruiting is so fun on PS2!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #20
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier83
In season recruiting is always way tougher for me because you have to wait for them to trim their list down before you see their potential and discipline. So I check what positions I need and add them. Once they trim their list you can generally see what they have to offer. If they have anything lower than average discipline I quit recruiting them and give their points to someone else to avoid problems later. Most of those guys seem to only have average potential anyways and I only ever seem to get 1 or 2 of the in season recruits.

In off season recruiting I always start with my state and who's interested. Scouting in state takes 4? (hardly any) out of roughly 138 points. When you scout them you move up their list, maybe not as much as a full blown pitch, but you still move up. So basically I spend the first week of off season recruiting scouting what I need, and any area's where my team is weak. Once I find the 5-7 guys with above average potential and good or above discipline i start to actually pitch like crazy to them. After I get them I start filling in the holes later with the lower guys who you can scout and since they're not as good you generally move up their board very fast.

I try to pull 5-7 guys with good potential out of off season, if I do, I'm happy. The rest kind of fall into line. I love going deep into the recruiting, it's so much better than 12. Wait til you see the guy that has 4.16 speed and A+ hands good potential and average discipline, then he commits!!! Then he shows up on signing day with a DNQ on though his interest level! The recruiting is so fun on PS2!!!
Wow. I never took recruiting that deep. A+ awareness or speed are what I recruited. Never scouted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #21
Rookie

Hoosier83's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Wow. I never took recruiting that deep. A+ awareness or speed are what I recruited. Never scouted.
I had a guy I was recruiting that was the #3 DE in the country, but under pitch feedback it said something like "Even his high school coach said he's reached his ceiling". That was awesome. I took him for the time being, but once some of the other guys matured they beat him out for a spot on the depth chart.
The discipline aspect adds so much to the game for me, personally. I've taken the "poor" discipline guys and had them getting in trouble all the time.
If you try it out let me know if it works out for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 14

I miss the pressure of the atmosphere that the crowds gave away teams when playing in a big stadium the most. Bring a freshmen or sophomore QB on the road to a top ten stadium? LOL! Best run that ball and hope your defense can keep it close till the last drive of the game!
This gen you can bring a TEAM of freshmen to Michigan and not tell the difference in mistakes (false starts, offsides, bad snaps, WR running the wrong route, etc etc) between them and a team full of disciplined seniors.
Monopolies truly are the worst for consumers.
IF I get '13, it will be a used copy. I refuse to let EA profit for turning out a mediocre product (again)
Old 06-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #23
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't look back at all. I don't play any games older than the last installment. That's just me though.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #24
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

This thread depresses me. I guess the truth hurts. I'm too big of a college football fan to give up on NCAA. I remember the most exciting games I played were on NCAA 06. I often wonder if I will ever get the butterfly feeling when you're down 6 pts, on the road..... you just got the ball back, and have to drive 70 yards with 1 min left and the crowd is going nuts. I loved that feeling, they used to make it feel like you were there in the stands!!! What happened to that?

I have my hopes high since EA announced adding a new sound team, we'll see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »