Home

NCAA Football 13 Screenshot - Field Degradation

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Screenshot - Field Degradation within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #65
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Football 13 Screenshot - Field Degradation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky3217
Last time I checked, grass affects a jersey the same way no matter what level the game is played at.

Same with dirt at a baseball field.

I wasnt calling the quality of the playing fields into question. I was showing how bad weather can affect jerseys. so again, the level of play is irrelevant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyT0QX6o44I&feature=plcp

I was at this game. It was by far the rainiest game I've ever been to, and check out the uniforms near the end of the video when the rain kicks up. They're wet and dirty, but they aren't filthy. These games were played in a pro stadium on a pro field, not in your backyard. The quality of the turf, and the upkeep of it, makes a HUGE difference in how messed up jerseys get.

When you say "this is how it would be if EA did it realistically," you are trying to prove that what you posted is somehow a representation of what people see on Saturdays and Sundays in fields that cost millions of dollars to keep up.

It's not.

It's really not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #66
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub9er
2010 Capital One Bowl Penn State vs LSU is the last one I remember

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcOF5NHKpo8
The only reason the field is that awful was a combo of rain mixed with two bowl games and the Florida high school football championships being played around the same time frame.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:24 PM   #67
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Last time I checked, grass affects a jersey the same way no matter what level the game is played at.

Same with dirt at a baseball field.

I wasnt calling the quality of the playing fields into question. I was showing how bad weather can affect jerseys. so again, the level of play is irrelevant
The quality of the fields leads directly to how dirty the uniforms get so it's very relevant.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 06-29-2012, 11:24 PM   #68
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

That field was so bad they considered never holding a bowl game there ever again.

It almost ended Craig Cooper's career in Miami.

It was a historically bad field for this era.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:30 PM   #69
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyT0QX6o44I&feature=plcp

I was at this game. It was by far the rainiest game I've ever been to, and check out the uniforms near the end of the video when the rain kicks up. They're wet and dirty, but they aren't filthy. These games were played in a pro stadium on a pro field, not in your backyard. The quality of the turf, and the upkeep of it, makes a HUGE difference in how messed up jerseys get.

When you say "this is how it would be if EA did it realistically," you are trying to prove that what you posted is somehow a representation of what people see on Saturdays and Sundays in fields that cost millions of dollars to keep up.

It's not.

It's really not.
And you think what EA has in now is realistic?

You're telling me higher level football players never get really dirty?

(You can also use the other PSU-LSU photos from earlier in the thread as evidence) and in rsponse to people's explanations... but, but, the field upkeep, the field quality, bla bla bla

Or that fields never degrade?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7DTNEa2E7w

Now, if you would have actually read my posts you would have seen that I said I chose them only because they were quick and easy to find. But this time, I did the work just for you. Now dont you feel special?

Also, I dont understand the aversion to muddy football games? Such games are usually some of the most fun to watch.

Last edited by Ky3217; 06-29-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:31 PM   #70
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
The quality of the fields leads directly to how dirty the uniforms get so it's very relevant.
So college/professional grass is better than normal grass? lol

I think you'll find that no matter where it is, grass, is grass.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #71
Banned

FloydNDLAL's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
So college/professional grass is better than normal grass? lol

I think you'll find that no matter where it is, grass, is grass.
Pretty sure it is better grass. College/Professional make a lot of money so wouldn't it make sense that they keep the grass in best conditions as possible, because if it were to be that everyone was sliding and it cost you a game just because everyone was sliding all over the place. Am pretty sure everyone would be frustrated losing a game over that reason when they could of simply kept it maintained to where it wouldn't tear causing players to slide, fall, slip, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #72
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Games where it gets super muddy are RARE.

Not sure how you can think otherwise unless you don't watch the sport.

But whatever, keep posting pictures of your little brother's pop-warner games and compare that to professionally-maintained fields (not located in Pittsburgh or Chicago).

I used to have season tickets for the Dolphins and Hurricanes, two teams that play in perhaps the rainiest part of the country. I have left more games soaked than I can even count. I know what wet football players look like when they're on a properly maintained field, and it looks NOTHING like what you posted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »