Home

Your experience with Coaching carousel

This is a discussion on Your experience with Coaching carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6
Your experience with Coaching carousel

This isnt a bashing CC thread I just would like to get some experiences with CC last year.

For the most part I enjoyed it but was annoyed a little by the logic sometimes.

This year I really want to start at a 1* team as an OC and work my way to the top. Do you think its better going this way to work your way up rather than starting as a HC with a 1* team and building them up?
Last year I found it hard getting a good or mid size HC job after having decent success as HC with teams such as Memphis and Wyoming.

Ideally what id like to do is start at Umass as OC then take the 1st HC job im offered. Stay at that job building whoever up to a good position then taking a bigger HC job and so on.

Im just afraid the logic doesnt really work like that. Whats your strategy for working your way up the ladder?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
Rookie

w00dy Hayezz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Your experience with Coaching carousel

I love the CC when you start at a small school and work your way up. Once you get a 6 star program the logic gets a little haywire, you don't seem to get offers from big schools but 1 and 2 star teams will offer coordinator positions. I think a few tweaks with the logic and this system can be a blast!

PSN Username: Smoothzilla
Old 06-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy Hayezz
I love the CC when you start at a small school and work your way up. Once you get a 6 star program the logic gets a little haywire, you don't seem to get offers from big schools but 1 and 2 star teams will offer coordinator positions. I think a few tweaks with the logic and this system can be a blast!
Do you start as a coordinator?
Old 06-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

I thought CC was a great concept, especially when you run a lower prestige dynasty. At worst, logic is a little haywire as you reach the top prestige coaching gigs and I very rarely saw any users get fired after poor contract years.

I found it hardest to follow CC when in large online dynasties but that's not so much on EA as it was the users. When everyone is on and ready for offseason, users can grow a litte impatient waiting for others to go through it. We found ourselves just forcing jobs more often than usual just to keep things moving.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

This is a little off topic given the jist of your OP, but I'll write to the title's jist.

I didn't use CC for myself in '12 as I start with the school that I want (Michigan for 149 games in my offline, ASU for 150 games so far in my OD) and stay there as I really love recruiting and I love to watch the guys that I sign grow with me.

I absolutely loved CC! I through every single offseason I stepped through the coaching moves to see who was going where. Seeing Oregon firing Chip Kelly and his balls to the walls no huddle spread option attack and bringing in the OC from Wisconsin to switch to a 3 yards and a cloud of dust pro attack is awesome. Seeing Texas ditch Mack Brown to bring in the flexbone was cool as hell. Even though I personally never moved, I really love that teams will change their philosophies as the years pass.

1 thing I didn't like in my offline (I didn't really notice it in my OD) was how prevalent the flexbone became. At 1 point there was a NC game between 2 flexbone teams, GT and UGA (which was actually pretty cool). The flexbone (in my dynasty) took over UGA, Texas, Alabama, and 1 other big SEC team.

One pretty minor thing (I don't think EA has even mentioned it as I'm sure they think it's trivial, but I saw it in a screenshot) that's changing in '13 that's really huge to me is that now coaches have a "no huddle" flag in their philosophies. This is huge because the no huddle flag should be tied to coaches (Chip Kelly is gonna no huddle wherever he goes) and not the teams like it was in '12 (in the Wisconsin offense in Oregon example above, they still ran the no huddle, even while using Wisconsin's playbook).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreezymac
I very rarely saw any users get fired after poor contract years.
In my OD there were 3 users that ended up getting fired in our 11 years together.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 06-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
This is a little off topic given the jist of your OP, but I'll write to the title's jist.

I didn't use CC for myself in '12 as I start with the school that I want (Michigan for 149 games in my offline, ASU for 150 games so far in my OD) and stay there as I really love recruiting and I love to watch the guys that I sign grow with me.

I absolutely loved CC! I through every single offseason I stepped through the coaching moves to see who was going where. Seeing Oregon firing Chip Kelly and his balls to the walls no huddle spread option attack and bringing in the OC from Wisconsin to switch to a 3 yards and a cloud of dust pro attack is awesome. Seeing Texas ditch Mack Brown to bring in the flexbone was cool as hell. Even though I personally never moved, I really love that teams will change their philosophies as the years pass.

1 thing I didn't like in my offline (I didn't really notice it in my OD) was how prevalent the flexbone became. At 1 point there was a NC game between 2 flexbone teams, GT and UGA (which was actually pretty cool). The flexbone (in my dynasty) took over UGA, Texas, Alabama, and 1 other big SEC team.

One pretty minor thing (I don't think EA has even mentioned it as I'm sure they think it's trivial, but I saw it in a screenshot) that's changing in '13 that's really huge to me is that now coaches have a "no huddle" flag in their philosophies. This is huge because the no huddle flag should be tied to coaches (Chip Kelly is gonna no huddle wherever he goes) and not the teams like it was in '12 (in the Wisconsin offense in Oregon example above, they still ran the no huddle, even while using Wisconsin's playbook).
The addition of the no huddle flag sounds like a good one.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #8
Rookie

w00dy Hayezz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
Do you start as a coordinator?
Usually start as a defensive coordinator.

PSN Username: Smoothzilla

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »