Home

Death of The Hunt?

This is a discussion on Death of The Hunt? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11
Death of The Hunt?

With EA offering access to their titles early, it seems like they look to gradually cash in on those eager to get their feet wet before official releases. For the mainstream gamers who dont normally keep their ears to the street in early July and August or play more EA games than just the football titles, there isnt much bias against this option - it's a good investment and great opportunity to get "in the game" sooner. For those dedicated NCAA/Madden diehards however, some of which money is no object...those guys who for whatever reason whether it be for the thrill, bragging rights, a heads up on comp, etc, this presents a less stressful (the stress is arguable depending on your motivation) opportunity to get your hands on these titles and still serves the ultimate purpose of getting started on your game early.

As I warm up my NCAA sources to see if they're still in play, with exception to the rare few, sellers seem to be more and more unsure of exactly when they'll get the game and I notice a lot of them are mentioning the season ticket. EA has always done more and more to regulate the early release but now the offering of the game at a better than average early time and arguably better price as sellers is catching steam. I wont go so far as to say that sellers are bowing out of the early release game but it feels like there's an inevitable writing on the wall.

So for you diehards, I wanted to know - Is your motivation for the hunt diminishing at the opportunity for the sure thing? Nothing will ever quite replace the rush of sealing the deal and waiting to get that package in the mail or "covert" road trips to multiple outlets as the street date grows closer but simplicity seems to be rearing its always tempting head. Sometimes easy money is more attractive than rolling the dice...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Death of The Hunt?

I agree to an extent,the hunt's never gonna die it's a yearly tradition around these part's.But imo if I want the game early i'd get season pass and pre order through amazon.You're talking 70 bucks compared to what the hunt will cost you atleast 100.

And jmo this game isn't worth a 100 bucks.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfinfn
I agree to an extent,the hunt's never gonna die it's a yearly tradition around these part's.But imo if I want the game early i'd get season pass and pre order through amazon.You're talking 70 bucks compared to what the hunt will cost you atleast 100.

And jmo this game isn't worth a 100 bucks.
I gotta agree somewhat. EA when you think about it is doing those who like the hunt a favor. No way I pay over retail if the game is not in my hands by the 4th, makes no sense especially since I am a Season Ticket Holder. Get the ST on Friday my Birthday by the way and just snag a retail on the 10th. If my Ebay guy can't have the game to me by this Tuesday I will just wait for the Season Ticket
Old 06-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

I have mine ordered from Amazon...and have never had much luck with the hunt in TN anyways but love to hear the stories of those who do and appreciate their impressions of the game.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
Pro

pjmoore 28's Arena

OVR: 12
Houston always seems to be drier than a desert when looking for a game early, but of course, I will begin searching on Monday. But if I don't find anything by Thursday, then I will have to call it quits and just wait till 6 on Friday.

Check out my Podcast here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I gave up on the hunt last year after about 8 successful years before it. With the way they have cracked down on not letting the game out and season pass its just worth it (having to drive an hr + gas money etc) when I can still get the game early and I get my money out of the pass by using it for madden and fifa as well. I do kinda miss trolling the forums to see if the "MD spot" had gotten it in yet.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondo1984
I gave up on the hunt last year after about 8 successful years before it. With the way they have cracked down on not letting the game out and season pass its just worth it (having to drive an hr + gas money etc) when I can still get the game early and I get my money out of the pass by using it for madden and fifa as well. I do kinda miss trolling the forums to see if the "MD spot" had gotten it in yet.
Could not of said it better wondo1984
Old 06-30-2012, 01:50 PM   #8
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
I gotta agree somewhat. EA when you think about it is doing those who like the hunt a favor. No way I pay over retail if the game is not in my hands by the 4th, makes no sense especially since I am a Season Ticket Holder. Get the ST on Friday my Birthday by the way and just snag a retail on the 10th. If my Ebay guy can't have the game to me by this Tuesday I will just wait for the Season Ticket
I'm with you on that Flight, if my guy doesn't have it to me by the 4th, I'm just gonna use that season pass I haven't used since Madden. And save $100 bucks. Of course I hope he comes through because I'm a NCAA junkie!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »