Home

Why EA Needs to Patch the New Playoff into NCAA Football 13

This is a discussion on Why EA Needs to Patch the New Playoff into NCAA Football 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #25
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
I would like to see it patched, but I also think it is unfair to expect this year. Next year however....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #26
Banned

JohnBoy227's Arena

OVR: 2
They won't do it for one reason. It gives them leavge for next season so they can say they have the new playoff format. The Show did the same thing. Didn't add the extra wildcard, so now it gives people a reason to buy next years game.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #27
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Why EA Needs to Patch the New Playoff into NCAA Football 13

This article really wasn't needed. 2 reasons why I think this is trolling.

1. Playoff system isn't in place yet for another 2 years.

2. The argument that the playoff system should be there 2 years into your dynasty. How? All they have decided is 4 teams are going to be able to participate. We don't know the exact details such as location, who has homefield, and the requirements to even be included in the playoff.

I really don't know why this was posted unless it was just to get a reaction. Well, he's certainly getting one, probably not the one he wants though. This was overall. Not. Smart.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #28
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Since everyone knows that there is zero chance of this happening(they already came out and said that it wasn't happening) this article seems like an attempt to rile up the folks who are already angry at the NCAA development team, and are looking for something else to pile on about.
Judging by some of the replies, I'd say that mission has been accomplished.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 11
I swear some of you guys make more excuses for ea than a mother who's son is on death row. this absolutely could have been included in this years game. Every report since jan 2012 has said the playoff is on the way in College football So If they wanted to they could have done something if they "wanted" to and approval from NCAA ? heck they are the ones changing the system!!! Of course they would approved it and with sales being down it would have been a great draw ...that being said, it better be in next year's game.... who cares if you get every detail right; a playoff is a playoff something fans have wanted in the game for a long time
Old 07-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
even if they could add it this year why would they do it?

Think about it EA needs have to have something that they lable as NEW AND IMPROVED seen for the 1st time ever in their games every year.

Next year this feature will be their MARKETING HYPE for NCAA 14.

It was once included on the old PS2 system even without a college football playoff system in place.

But my point is in this day age EA always needs something to boost their HYPE machine and this playoff addition for NCAA 14 will be their bread and butter next year.

They'll probably leave gameplay as it is right now untouched and spend the year working on installing the playoff system into Dynasty mode and call it the deepest most inovative dynsaty mode ever......
You are dead on...
Old 07-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #31
Rookie

tbennett54's Arena

OVR: 5
They should just give us a option for a playoff system. With 4,6,8 and 16 teams choices
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #32
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
I swear some of you guys make more excuses for ea than a mother who's son is on death row. this absolutely could have been included in this years game. Every report since jan 2012 has said the playoff is on the way in College football So If they wanted to they could have done something if they "wanted" to and approval from NCAA ? heck they are the ones changing the system!!! Of course they would approved it and with sales being down it would have been a great draw ...that being said, it better be in next year's game.... who cares if you get every detail right; a playoff is a playoff something fans have wanted in the game for a long time
The NCAA likely would want the correct system in place, not just any system. The details of the playoff have not been finalized. It also would require them to rework the bowl season in Dynasty. As someone with experience said earlier in this thread, that is probably not as easy as it looks.

Some of you let what you want to happen control what you expect to happen, even if it isnt realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »