Home

Blocking like this really scares me in NCAA13

This is a discussion on Blocking like this really scares me in NCAA13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #73
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Blocking like this really scares me in NCAA13

Should the TE have at least touchd the DE? Yes. But that play is designed as a three step drop. You went way too far back, which is something I hate seeing users do in ranked matches every play. You gotta give your line a chance to make a block, stay in the pocket. I rarely ever manual drop back it messes up the blocking, as seen here, far too often.

Slight game issue but much more of a user error

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #74
Banned

Pmoney327's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
Up on the stick has never been a lob pass. A tap has been a lob pass since the PS2 days. It's been in damn near every year since then. The stick was used last year to place the ball in different spots on the field, too.
Well, what I meant was holding up on the stick would be leading the receiver a bit more forward, I'm not used to the PS3 and button sensitivity so I thought Up + Tap = Leading the WR forward with decent arc/touch.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #75
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniftw
The very first play of this highlight from the 05 AUB/ALA is pretty dang close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYVEE...eature=related

Very first play of this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ8OY...=TLMmjYV5Ls0IU

A couple, while not exactly like the games video, that are pretty dang close in this tape
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEsIN...=TLMmjYV5Ls0IU

while not a high level of football..this tackle litterally gives the DE an ole on this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TndRu...=TLMmjYV5Ls0IU

youtube is full of videos like that....it's amazing just how bad blocking actually is from the NFL on down at times, and how frequently this actually happens.
You sir are in denial.

In this first video, the running back at least attempted to give some effort to block the free pass rusher.

The second video really does not even count, because the pass rusher was just unblock nobody seen him. Unlike in NCAA Football, their were two blockers looking right at the pass rusher and they just let him go right by.

The third video, the UGA one, blockers were at least attempting to go after the pass rushers, if they got beat, they used their arms to try to push the pass rushers away from the Qb, unlike in NCAA Football (and Madden) blockers just stay in the same exact stance, and do not attempt to move their feet, or use their arms to knock pass rushers off their route to the Qb.

And on the last video, again, looks like the tackle chipped the pass rusher, at least the blocker touched the pass rusher. Can't wait for the day EA add's chip blocking in their football games. In NCAA Football blocker don't give any effort if they are beat, they just stay squatted waiting for someone to bump into them.

If blocking isn't broken in this game to you, explain why Nano Blitzing is still in the game since the PS2 days? Ill tell you why, it's because you can easily manipulate the blockers in this game. Right now I can get a sack on almost every play in the demo. I just go to the Nickel Formation, and choose the Man play where the two middle like backers rush the middle, I then control the DE, widen my gap a little and run past the O-tackle every time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #76
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Should the TE have at least touchd the DE? Yes. But that play is designed as a three step drop. You went way too far back, which is something I hate seeing users do in ranked matches every play. You gotta give your line a chance to make a block, stay in the pocket. I rarely ever manual drop back it messes up the blocking, as seen here, far too often.

Slight game issue but much more of a user error
So many people drop back so far because, we don't feel safe in the pocket. Most of the time the offensive tackle gets insta-swimmed by the DT or just bull-dozed right over, or the defensive ends breaks off their blocks as if the quarter back has a magnet on him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »