Home

Conference Realignment: PSU Death Penalty Domino Effect

This is a discussion on Conference Realignment: PSU Death Penalty Domino Effect within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Post Conference Realignment: PSU Death Penalty Domino Effect

I plan on replacing Penn State in my Dynasty based on the Fictional timeline of current events. I am just not quite sure how to make the Domino's Fall.

The NCAA shuts down Penn State with the Death Penalty for (x) number of years. The B1G 10 member institutions vote to remove PSU from B1G 10 membership in all sports. The B1G 10 wants to continue playing a conference championship game, but conference membership is currently at 11 schools.

There are a list of potential targets for expansion, with ND at the top of the list. Notre Dame wants to remain an independent in Football. Yet due to the last round of Conference Realignment, I am not sure who BIG 10 would want to pursue at this juncture. Not to mention, whomever they decide to invite would create a domino effect by needed to replace team (y) in their previous conference.

The B1G 10 would want a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities. Another item to consider, The B1G 10 effectively loses its Pennsylvania footprint by dismissing Penn State. Let's look at some potential candidates, in alphabetical order.

Missouri - AAU member, KC/STL markets, Replace NEB rival
Maryland- AAU member, Bal/DC market
Rutgers - AAU Member - NJ/NY television market
Pitt - Regain Pennsylvania footprint, AAU member, Pittsburgh/PA TV market.

More things to consider, I don't think Missouri moves since they just moved to the SEC. Maryland and Rutgers do not border the current 11 school B1G footprint, due to the removal of PSU. Therefore, I am assuming that PITT would be the leading candidate to move to the B1G 10.

Ramifications:

Though, I am interested the opinion in alumni/fans of B1G 10 schools. Who should be the choice? PITT alumni/fans would PITT move to the B1G instead of the ACC, a la TCU to the Big XII?

ACC alumni/fans, if these choice is PITT or Maryland the ACC will need to find a replacement. The ACC's options include Rutgers/Louisville/Cinncinatti among others.

Big East alumni/fans potentially the conference would lose a member. I would assume that the Big East would continue to expand west. Who does the Big East target?

Decision and Fallout --- Undecided ---
The B1G 10 selects (1) to replace PSU
The (x) Conference needs to replace (1), and invites (2) to (x) Conference
The (y) Conference needs to replace (2), and invites (3) to (y) Conference
and etc.

How will this play out?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
Gun Slinga

Twenty Four's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Conference Realignment: PSU Death Penalty Domino Effect

Thetes already a re- alignment thread man.

@GatorGangB
PSN: GatorGangB
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/GatorGangB
SOS Crew All-Time: (123-71)
2-Time Crew Bowl Loser
Madden 18:
SOS- Lions/Jets
10YF- Cowboys
Old 07-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Conference Realignment: PSU Death Penalty Domino Effect

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...alignment.html

Closed
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »