Home

Anyone else going generated names this year?

This is a discussion on Anyone else going generated names this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #25
Rookie

GKEnialb's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Anyone else going generated names this year?

Definitely the real rosters for me. I'm a little worried that rolling CC in Madden and not allowing the import is a step towards EA putting CC into NCAA and taking away the ability to name rosters... Hope I'm wrong!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2012, 08:40 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 0

I have not did the import player in years but always have name rosters ....so no I will not use generated names
Old 07-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #27
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
With Studio Updates in the game, real names will mean that much more than in past years. Each time I see "Brad Miller", or whatever random name they give him, as the QB for KSU in my first season will just make me sad.
i wouldn't go the generated name route, but your point here validates waiting for named rosters all the more. seeing the player names you are familiar with, including you own team will be a great addition to the dynasty mode.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 25
I'm actually gonna just do them myself this year. Probably spend the first two days just editing players n ratings.

Which I actually find entertaining prior to playing the game.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0k1woa
Old 07-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 1

i may do it , since Madden wont be connectd to NCAA. But i will get rosters if and when they drop. Cuz after REAL college season starts and ESPN talks about them every week youll want the real rosters by then
Old 07-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #30
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

I always wait to start my dynasty until solid named rosters are available, I see no reason to change.

However, I'm VERY disappointed to hear EA killed Madden imports, taking my grads through the pros is the only reason I buy Madden each year. Very likely they cost themselves a sale this time around by taking out imports.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #31
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Real names is what makes the game for me.

I just hate made up names because it takes out the realism. I would rather just see the # than made up names but that's just me...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 12

Back in the day I would just name the top 25 or so at every position (more at the skill positions, less on the o-line) as well as my entire team and the teams in their conference. By doing this, the majority of the players exported over to Madden were real names. I never really cared about the 3rd string guard at Eastern Michigan. With that said, I'm in no real hurry so, I'll wait for named rosters. Hopefully there are no editing glitches this year. I'll be doing some equipment changes and giving or taking away dreads where appropriate and labbing a lot of practice time until rosters drop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »