Home

Notre Dame Ratings

This is a discussion on Notre Dame Ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #9
Rookie

Bcolt93's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Notre Dame Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltool
devonte neal an 82? how is the 17th overall receiver rated an 82?

DGB is only an 82 and was the number 1 prospect. drae bowles for ut was the 20th ranked receiver and gets a 73.

i know ea put devonte at an 81 to start, which is too high to begin with.

crazy how much attention ea gives to some recruits while completely missing half of other teams classes. makes no sense.

roster editing is so much fun, always find it hard myself not to get carried away with tennessee's freshmen lol...cant wait till friday, thursday if im lucky.
i know Neal was a little high, but to be honest DGB has been the weakest #1 in a while. his #1 ranking was based mostly on the potential he had, he wasn't as dominant as other #1s and played very weak compition. Neal's ratings are mostly based around his speed, the catching stats had very little effect, so i had to take a chunk out of awareness. As for EA's focus, its pretty much a joke. i mean for ND they had position changes correct, heights and weights EXACTLY the same as their real life counter-parts according to rivals, and had the early enrolees correct for #s and measurements, meanwhile a bunch of teams were really bad

Old 07-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcolt93
was it necessary for you to post in this thread? one is who one guy thinks he should start at QB, this is me editing ND to try and get a better and more accurate rating than EA, without being a homer, Thanks for adding to the discussion
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...builder-forum/
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...tball-rosters/

But fair enough. This is the last post of mine in the thread.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #11
Rookie

NDGipper32's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcolt93
Roster Update**
spelling corrected for: Davonte Neal, Chase Hounshell
Rating Adjusting:
TJ Jones: 85->83 (catching and catch in traffic)
John Goodman 84->81 (still feels a little high, but most of his catch ratings are in the 60's. its 81 because of speed and awareness)
Davarius Daniels 84->81 (adjusted awareness, route running, catch in traffic and catching)
Roby Toma 82->79 (catch ratings)
Davonte Neal 82->79 (catch ratings and awareness)
Bennett Jackson 87->81 (awareness and coverage ratings)
Josh Atkinson 81->78 (awareness and coverage ratings)
Lo Wood 80->77 (coverage ratings and press rating)
Jalen Brown 75->72 (coverage ratings)
Danny Spond 85->78 (tackle, hit power and block shedding)
Ben Councell 84->81 (awareness)
These adjustments just sent your roster from good to solidly exceptional. I think you're pretty close to real life ratings now. A few might come in and surprise us both, but I feel like I'd be more comfortable playing with these ratings than the previous ones. As for the spelling for Riddick, I didn't even realize that when I saw it. The damn filter needs some work on teambuilder. Great Job though man.

Current Dynasties ('14):
Playing: Year 6, New Mexico State Aggies 0-0. Week 1.

('11)
Idle: Year 9, Notre Dame Fighting Irish 0-0. Preseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #12
Rookie

Bcolt93's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDGipper32
These adjustments just sent your roster from good to solidly exceptional. I think you're pretty close to real life ratings now. A few might come in and surprise us both, but I feel like I'd be more comfortable playing with these ratings than the previous ones. As for the spelling for Riddick, I didn't even realize that when I saw it. The damn filter needs some work on teambuilder. Great Job though man.
thanks a lot, i plan on using these ratings for ND and applying them to whoever's rosters i download. I had the CBs and WRs too high and now i think this game will play properly with ND. My only problem will be getting the rotation right at the slot position and RB. It will be a challenge to get carries for Wood, Riddick, Carlisle, Atkinson, Neal and the QB's, meanwhile getting the ball to Toma, and the rest of the guys playing the slot, all this going on while focusing on Eifert. It is a nice problem to have though

Old 07-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #13
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

OVR: 4

i can't help but feel like the perception of notre dame will always outweigh the reality. year after year they're rated as if they're an elite program. yeah, they get elite recruits and such. but they're not an elite team and i wish ea would get that.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #14
Rookie

Bcolt93's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateraider
i can't help but feel like the perception of notre dame will always outweigh the reality. year after year they're rated as if they're an elite program. yeah, they get elite recruits and such. but they're not an elite team and i wish ea would get that.
while this has proven to be true, their rating was accurate last year. ND did everything humanely possible to lose to USF, Michigan and then choked against FSU in the 4th quarter. They were very close to being a BCS team, and were really just a QB away from doing so. This year the rating is way over the top at first glance, but when you think about it, they really are very good. They have 4 QB's on the roster, the worst one has a record of 12-4 with victories @ USC and against Miami and Michigan State. They return one of the best offensive lines in the country, as well as the best TE. Running back will be very good with a 1000 yard rusher, a dynamic pass catcher and a sprinter who can run through tackles, as well as Carlisle, who ran for over 100 yards against Colorado last year with USC. Defensively the line will be solid to good, with Tuitt and Nix maturing into good players. LB's are very good with Councell, Williams, Shembo, Fox and of course Te'o. Safety is meh with Slaughter being dynamic, and Motta being mediocrely competent. CB will suck, especially the #2 guy. Overall i think that breaks down to a 92 on offense, 90 on defence and a very solid overall. Just a blind ND fan opinion though

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »